Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Tuesday, July 31, 2018


I only got up once during the night, waking up at 5am and getting up at 6:30.

At 8am, after my shower and breakfast I laid down for awhile and was surprised I fell asleep.  Teresa woke me up at 8:55 and I left the apt at 9:05.

I arrived at the chess league at 9:55 and Jose was there waiting for me.

I had White and even played the opening I wanted but I was soon in trouble and my loss was inevitable.

We had a decent lunch at the Tropical restaurant again for 10,500 pesos.

I had Black in the 2nd game and I had a nice attack going but he defended well.  In the endgame he ended up queening a pawn one move ahead of me and I lost.  During the game it rained very hard for about 45 minutes.

I took the metro back to Parque Envigado and stopped at Bartolos for a café con leche.

I stopped at Exito and picked up tomatoes and eggs.  I had to wait 15 minutes in a line of only 6 people.  I don’t know why they are sooooo slow here!

I picked up 3 bags of milk at the corner store.

When I got back to the apt Teresa informed me that we also need lettuce.

Teresa surprised me by asking if we can go to Antica Pizza tonight.  Sure!

Laura decided to take a pass as she went to the gym instead.

We left the apt at 7:30, met MT down the hill, caught a taxi and were at the restaurant by 7:45.  It wasn’t very crowded so our pizza was ready in just 10 minutes.  The total cost for 3 slices of pizza and 3 drinks was 43mil.  Where else can 3 people have dinner for about $16?

We walked down to the next corner and caught a taxi back to the apt.

Today’s Step Count was 9,033.

T-shirt of the day: It was all a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment