Thursday, August 16, 2018

Wednesday, August 15, 2018


I slept pretty well, only getting up once during the night, woke up at 5am and got up at 6am.  I’ll probably be taking a nap after lunch.
After breakfast I took a nap from 8:15 to 9am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym completing all my exercises in 2 hours.  I saw Oscar and he told me he would rather be called George; it only took 2 years for that to come out.  I saw Jose, the personal trainer, working with a young lady who was lying on her stomach on a mat on the floor.  He was stretching her so much it hurt for me to watch.

Back at the apt Laura called and I learned that Brock was feeling better today and was able to leave for the airport on time for his 2pm flight.

Laura said that John confided in her that he left his wife Juliana.  He is still staying in the finca but she has moved to Poblado.  I understand it was a marriage of convenience anyway so that he could stay in Colombia and she would get half of the business they built.  I also understand Juliana is very skinny like Teresa’s friend Ana and their relationship was purely platonic so I guess he finally figured it was time to move on.  Not sure how they would divvy up the business unless maybe they still remain business partners.

Teresa and I took another nap after lunch for about 30 minutes.

Just before 5pm I used my Cabify app to look for a taxi.  Again GPS gave an incorrect home address but I was able to text the driver with the correct address.  It took about 15 minutes but he arrived just up the street.  He took us to Oviedo and it only cost 5mil because we got a 5 mil discount.  I texted Jose that I was successful with the Cabify app and he would finally get his 8mil credit. 

We bought 2 preferred seating tickets to Adrift for 7,250 pesos each (half price Wednesday).  I now have 26 total ticket purchases on my Cine Colombia card.  My balance was getting low so I added 40mil.  Teresa checked out a few stores and then we went downstairs to the food court where she bought a Subway sandwich.  Back upstairs I made a trip to the restroom while Teresa got in line at the concession counter.  We bought a medium popcorn and large and medium sodas.  As we were walking into the theater we ran into Jose with a male friend and they were going to see the same movie.

Teresa and I both enjoyed the movie which was a true story of a young couple whose sailboat became adrift in the Pacific.
Outside the mall there was a strangely dressed man who was getting taxis for people waiting for them.  He actually was an unnecessary middle man as I’m sure the taxis would stop for us without a man running into the street to flag them down.  I gave him the 300 pesos I had in my pocket and the taxi driver gave him some change also.  We all laughed at the situation.

We were back at the apt just after 8pm.

I finished Dale Brown’s paperback Storming Heaven.

Today’s Step Count was 7,499.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Success
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment