Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Monday, August 13, 2018


Well, I think I got up once during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:15.

I understand Laura took the young man to the hospital last night.  She even sent us a 2 second video of him leaning over a toilet.

Teresa left the apt at 8:40 for the gym.  First she does a little cardio and then she has 2 classes.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  Charles came in and gave me the book I asked to borrow – 501 Spanish Verbs.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.

Back at the apartment Laura told us that the young man is now resting in bed.  Today is Laura’s day off so right now she’s free to take care of him.  I understand his 3 buddies return home today and his return flight is on Wednesday.  I understand Teresa and I are going to stop by after lunch and see how he’s doing.

I’ll bring my diarrhea medicine which he probably won’t need and some other tablets that I just wrote “Stomach” on.  It says it’s called Estolás and Google tells me it’s a pain reliever and relieves cramps of the stomach, intestine and bladder.  I also have the phone number of Dr. James that I met a few weeks ago if necessary.  I’ll probably get the phone number of his parents so I can call them to give them a medical update.

Laura called Teresa and I understand he is eating some fruit so I guess there is no longer a need for our housecall.

Teresa and I took a short nap after lunch.

I showed Teresa the trailer for Adrift (6.7) and she liked it!  I think we’re going to see it today in Oviedo at 6pm.

We got a Whatsapp invite from Laura to meet the gringos on their last day here – except for the one who’s sick.  We agreed to meet at Santafe mall at 6:30.  (We can see the movie tomorrow or Wednesday.)
At 5:45 I started the process for calling an Uber car.  Only after you confirm the ride does it tell you that the car is 8 minutes away and it’s “making a dropoff nearby” (or some words to that effect).  Then when you see the car get to its destination it drops off the map and you are assigned another car and it’s 5 minutes away and it also has to “make a dropoff nearby”.  After that dropoff and it assigned me a 3rd car I finally cancelled the order, we walked outside and just down the hill we caught a taxi right away.  And it was a little less than 10mil and the Uber was going to be a little less than 13mil because it’s “peak” hours.

We arrived outside Zara in Santafe 15 minutes early.

They arrived about 10 minutes late because I think they stopped for coffee.  One guy was from San Francisco and two others were from Austin, Texas.  (Certainly there would be no discussion of politics or gun rights.  Lol.)  I talked to the guy from SF as the others spoke Spanish with Teresa.  There was also a pretty young lady who I understand is a friend of Laura’s or works with Laura.  The guy who was sick is still back at their apartment and he doesn’t leave until Wednesday.

We chatted for a few minutes (they all want to return next year) and then they had to leave to clean up, pack, and catch their red eye at 1am.  Laura and the other girl went with them.

Teresa checked out Zara and found a blouse but I understand it was too expensive.  We walked up a level and had dinner at J&C Delicias for 81,507 – surf & turf (w/ extra shrimp) and beef lasagna for me.  Of course we each had a fresh juice.

We stopped in Falabella where Teresa was looking for workout clothes but didn’t find anything but I bought a sleeveless t-shirt and Nike shoes for the gym for 300mil.

At 9pm we caught a taxi back to the apt. for 8,700 pesos.

Laura came back about 10am and we spent some time talking about the sick young man who I understand has the name of Brock.  I thought since he was eating fruit that he was much better but Laura says he still has stomach pain.

It started raining about 10:30, first time in weeks.

Today’s Step Count was 7,530.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Arguments
A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that - is the beginning of a new argument.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this book, I used to recommend it to my students, I even created a site with a conjugator inspired by it, egramatica punto com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Austin is a pretty liberal city, not like most of the rest of Texas

    ReplyDelete