Thursday, August 9, 2018

Tuesday, August 7, 2018


Today is another holiday – Battle of Boyacá Day.  It is also the last day of the tournament and the day that Colombia inaugurates their new president – Ivan Duque.

I didn’t sleep very well last night.  I took my sleeping pill and muscle relaxant but the mistake I probably made was eating a large bowl of granola right before going to bed.  I’m sure my stomach was busy working on the granola and had trouble getting to the sleeping pill.

I got up at 6am, took a quick shower, had a quick omelette and left the apt.  I quickly caught a taxi down the hill.  How did I know it was only going to take 20 minutes to get there as I arrived at 7:30 for my 8am match?

I had black in this game.  It was another close one.  (Later I had a problem recreating the ending on my computer from my notes.)  Anyway it ended up being a draw so with one game remaining I have 3 ½ points.

Jose didn’t feel like having lunch so we walked over to Avenida 70 where we each had coffee and a large Palito de Queso (cheese stick).  I went through 2 of my files telling him jokes.

For my final game I had White against a man rated 1401 and I got to play the Scotch Game for the first time.  It was a close game that ended in a draw because we had opposite colored bishops.

What I found amazing is that after these 2 hour plus games I didn’t really feel tired.

One day in the last week someone took everyone’s photo while they were playing.  In my case I was in my usual pose with my right hand over my eyes like my fingers are shading my eyes from the sun.  When I saw it I said “muy guapo” (very handsome) and the young girl laughed.

I took the metro back to the apt.  I called Teresa from the bus and learned she was at San Diego mall with her mother so I stopped at the bakery for a churro and café con leche.

Today’s Step Count was 8,633.

T-shirt of the day: You can’t sit with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment