Friday, August 3, 2018

Thursday, August 2, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly after my head hit the pillow at 11pm and I didn’t get up until 5am.  I finally gave up getting back to sleep and got up at 6am.

Laura left at 7:30 to meet John’s wife in Parque Lleras to learn more about what she’ll be doing.

I left the apt at 9:15, walked down the hill and added 10mil to my cellphone at the Gana store.

I took the metro and Metro Plus to Estacion Rosales where I rented a bicycle.  I rode to the Stadium Station and back to the airport and the station.  I took the Metro Plus back to Industriales Station.  I walked to Mercado del Rio where I had a delicious pasta with chicken and bacon at Carbone y Pasta.  I caught a bus to Calle 10 and walked up the hill and up Avenida Poblado to Starbucks where I had a small café mocca blanco for free.  I hung out there a while and then caught a bus back to Parque Envigado.

I stopped at Bartolos for coffee but after waiting 10 minutes no one came to take my order so I went to the bakery where I had a café con leche and a churro.  No problem with service there.

For the first time I stopped in Colpatria to use their ATM.  The machine, the options and the ATM fee were exactly the same as the old Citibank’s.  I withdrew 800mil but I might have been able to withdraw more.

I stopped at Cotrafa and paid the Une and epm bills for the month and at $efecty where I paid the Direct TV bill.

I stopped at Todo Drogas where I picked up my medicine for the month.  I gave them the note that Dr. James had given me for sleeping pills and they had both.  I bought a package of each – 30 7.5mg tablets of Zopiclona for 15,900 pesos and 10 750mg tablets of Metocarbamol for 2,200 pesos.

I stopped at Exito where I picked up Fab laundry detergent, a head of lettuce and a package of hamburger buns; again another 10-15 minute wait in line.  Why can’t they streamline things here?

Back at the apt I received an email that I have a document waiting for pickup at Envios Market; maybe next week.

I poured a glass of root beer and popped a bag of popcorn and watched the first football game of the year – Chicago Bears vs Baltimore Ravens in the annual Hall of Fame game.  The Ravens prevailed 17-16.

I still have 2 boxes of Isoklon but I’m going to start tonight with trying Metocarbamol.

Teresa informed me that she has to take her mother to eps tomorrow at 7am for a blood withdrawal so if she’s not back in time I should go to Carbon de Leña for breakfast.

Today’s Step Count was 12,275.

T-shirt of the day: You are what you listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment