Saturday, November 16, 2019

Friday, November 15, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 5:30 (so that’s 7 hours sleep right there), finally getting up at 7am feeling great!

I left for the gym about 9:15.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.  I exchanged some text messages with Alex.  He needs some furniture right when Teresa told me she wants to exchange our furniture.

Back at the apt the portero gave me our Une bill for this month and I picked up this week’s issue of Gente newspaper.

I left the apt at 11:45 and walked up to Avenida Poblado where I quickly caught a bus to Poblado.  I made another withdrawal of small bills from my favorite ATM and walked over to Envios Market.  I paid for December’s rental, picked up my November Chess Life magazine and received 3 letters from Capital One which I promptly had thrown in the trash.

I took a bus to Premium Plaza mall where I purchased a silicone case for Teresa’s cellphone at the Ditka kiosk.  I took a taxi to Viva Envigado arriving at 1:30.  I had lunch in Sarku’s then went downstairs and had coffee in Todo Fresa.  At the next table a young Englishman was giving some sort of lesson, in English, to a young Colombiana.  It didn’t appear to be an English lesson as they spent most of the time going over pie charts.  (If we were in the US I would have thought she was studying for her ACTs.)

At 4:45 I remembered that I forgot to pay the Une and Direct TV bills.  In exito I got in a long line and 25 minutes later I had paid the Une bill.  Outside Exito at Baloto I quickly paid the Direct TV bill.

Back inside I had another café con leche at Habia Una Vez.  I left at 5:30 and returned to the apt.

Among new US movie releases, Ford vs Ferrari might be worth checking out with its IMDB rating of 8.0.

Yesterday I sent an email to Inter-Col asking if they can help us get a visitor’s visa to the US for Teresa.  I’ll wait until Monday and if I don’t get a positive response, I’ll check out another option.
10,451 steps today.

Joke of the day
A gynecologist was getting sick of his job and decided that he needed a career change. He'd always enjoyed tinkering with engines so thought he'd become a mechanic.
So he went along to mechanics school and the final test was to strip the engine completely and reassemble it - obviously back into perfect working order.
So our gynecologist friend did the test and anxiously awaited the result.
The day he received the results he got quite a surprise, he got 150%!
He quickly phoned the instructor and queried the mark.
The instructor said: "no, no that's right.
First I gave you 50% for stripping down the engine - - a very thorough job. Next I gave you 50% for reassembling it - a fantastic job really, and then I gave you a 50% bonus for doing it all through the muffler."

4 comments:

  1. Terry, is there a way to subscribe? (receive in my Inbox)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think so, but I have no idea how that's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, neither do I. We appear to be kindred analog souls.
    To paraphrase the late lamented George Carlin, "It's a digital world and you ain't in it! ;)
    We should meet. Aymara is my favorite for cafe con leche and feeding Palomas - coffee's on me. I've just finished reading your posts from 2018 and 2019. Can't remember ever running across such a candid self-exposee; saves the NSA a lot of work, eh? ;)
    Anyway, you have another fan and to think, we've been neighbors since June of last year and I only just learned about you last week!
    PS I'm not the world's best networker. Namaste, NjW
    PPS For text that is larger than this roach-shit stuff, my email is freesense@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are your favorite kinds of music? by artist, genre, whatever

    ReplyDelete