Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Monday, November 4, 2019


Today is another holiday, All Saints Day.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 4:45, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

As usual for gym days I got up, washed my face, shaved, put on my gym clothes and had breakfast.

I don’t know what happened next but now its 11am and I’m still here.  At 9:30 Teresa went back to bed for a nap and I joined her.  
Next thing I know, even though I didn’t feel I slept, it’s 10:30.  I do know: 1) today is a holiday, 2) I was considering going to Monterrey to buy Teresa a new cellphone, 3) the stores in the mall might be closed, 4) with the time change the Today show doesn’t start here until 10am.

I left the apt at 3pm and walked to the mall.  I recycled a couple of batteries, bought an arepa pan for Teresa and a package of AA batteries in Exito.  I asked at the information desk for a store that sells Samsung cellphones.  They told me to go to the back of the right side of the mall.  When I got to the back I still didn’t see a cellphone store.  I had a cafĂ© con leche at Todo Fresa and killed an hour.  When I left I stopped at the information desk again and this time asked the lady to write down the name of the store.  She wrote Samsung, 1st floor and Claro, 2nd floor, and Exito.  This time I found the Samsung kiosk right where she said it would be.  I inquired as to the cost of a Samsung Galaxy A10 and was told 439,900 pesos (about $140).  I stopped in Claro and their price was 459,900 pesos.

On my way back to the apt I stopped in the next door Exito and bought a bag of Fab laundry detergent.

I watched the end of a movie Left Behind on Direct TV that only has a 3.1 IMDB rating.

Laura texted me that she may be meeting my daughter Jeannie in Boston this coming weekend.

I finished reading the book Vladimir Kramnik: The Inside Story of a Chess Genius that Juan Castro loaned me.

6,725 steps today.

Joke of the day
An 85 year old couple, having been married almost 60 years, had died in a car crash.
They had been in good health the last ten years mainly due to her interest in health, food, and exercise. When they reached the pearly gates, St. Peter took them to their mansion which was decked out with a beautiful kitchen and master bath suite and Jacuzzi.
As they "oohed and aahed" the old man asked Peter how much all this was going to cost. "It's free," Peter replied, "this is Heaven." Next, they went out back to survey the championship golf course that the home backed up to.
They would have golfing privileges every day and each week the course changed to a new one representing the great golf courses on earth. The old man asked, "what are the green fees?" Peter's reply, "This is heaven, you play for free."
Next, they went to the clubhouse and saw the lavish buffet lunch with the cuisines of the world laid out. "How much to eat?" asked the old man. "Don't you understand yet? This is heaven, it is free!" Peter replied with some exasperation. "Well, where are the low fat and low cholesterol tables?" the old man asked timidly.
Peter lectured, "That's the best part...you can eat as much as you like of whatever you like and you never get fat and you never get sick. This is Heaven."
With that the old man went into a fit of anger, throwing down his hat and stomping on it, shrieking wildly. Peter and his wife both tried to calm him down, asking him what was wrong.
The old man looked at his wife and said, "This is all your fault! If it weren't for your blasted bran muffins, I could have been here ten years ago!"

No comments:

Post a Comment