Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Monday, November 18, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:15, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Well, Teresa found we had milk in the refrigerator after all so I had hot oatmeal for breakfast.

Via my blog I received a message from a gringo (yes, I know you’re British but…) named Nigel who lives nearby in Envigado.  I’m sure we’ll be meeting soon, probably at Parva.

I completed all my gym exercises in an hour and 10 minutes.
I left the apt at 12:20 and walked to Go Wings where I had 6 BBQ chicken wings, rustic fries and an apple soda for 19mil.

I walked back to Avenida Poblado where I quickly was on a bus to Poblado.  The young lady sitting next to me spoke a little English and we shared a few words.  I got off by Starbucks and quickly realized I got off a block too early.  I walked to Pasteur pharmacy where I bought a box of Dololed.  (I was pretty sure I had already bought enough to last me this month but if so I certainly can’t find them.)

In Oviedo’s Cine Colombia I bought a general seating ticket for 10,500 to Breakaway (4.1) and as I suspected there were only another 6 people in the theater.  The movie, as I already knew, was in Russian with Spanish subtitles.  (The only Russian I recognized were please and thank you.)  It was very much an action movie and with the subtitles I was able to figure out what was going on, even though they disappeared a little too quickly for me.  I thought the movie was only an hour and 10 minutes long but per IMDB it’s supposedly an hour and 25 minutes long.

Oviedo has a Banco Caja Social ATM so I made another large withdrawal.

I went into Carulla where I bought a package of eggs of the brand we prefer that our local Exito doesn’t carry.  Outside I was planning on taking a taxi since I didn’t want to have to stand up in a bus holding a package of eggs but there was a Sabaneta bus waiting and it was nearly empty.  As soon as I got on I opened the “skylights” as usual but as soon as I sat down it started raining and I had to close them again.  It soon turned into a downpour.

When we got to Envigado a woman hit the buzzer to get off.  I was sitting next to the doors and when they opened the bus was about 3 feet from the curb and it looked like a river going by in between.  The lady said something and the driver pulled forward so she could step on wet ground instead of into the stream.

I got out at the Esso station and by the time I arrived at Parva, 1 ½ blocks away, I was soaked from the knees down.  I had a café con leche while waiting for the rain to stop.  I tried calling Teresa multiple times but always got a busy signal.

The rain stopped after 30 minutes and I left about 15 minutes later.  When I arrived at the apt Teresa was on the phone with MT.  I changed my jeans, shoes and socks then went nextdoor to Exito for 2 bags of milk.

I made plans to meet Nigel tomorrow morning at 9:30 at Amati café.

10,887 steps today.

Joke of the day
The preacher's Sunday sermon was "Forgive Your Enemies."
He asked how many of the congregation have forgiven their enemies?
About half held up their hands.
He then repeated his question.
Now about 80% held up their hands.
He then repeated his question once more.
All responded, except one elderly lady.
"Mrs. Johnson, are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"
"I don't have any."
"Mrs. Johnson that is very unusual. How old are you?"
"Ninety-three," she replied.
"Mrs. Johnson, please come down in front and tell the congregation how a person cannot have an enemy in the world?"
The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle and said, "Because I outlived every one of those bitches!"

No comments:

Post a Comment