Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Tuesday, November 5, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up once at 5:30 finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

It’s only 76 degrees on my balcony with 100% humidity so it’s likely we will get rain today.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall.  I had breakfast at Habia Una Vez and Jose arrived just before 9am.  He said traffic was horrible this morning.  He told me about meeting a gringo named Steve from Houston, Texas who is now living in Laureles.  He plays chess but I understand he isn’t very good.  Jose is going to send me his contact information.

We went up to the food court and I had the White pieces in the first game. I thought he opened quite passively, I got a strong attack and he resigned on the 26th move.

I had my usual BBQ chicken nuggets from Frisby and he had his usual sandwich from Q’Hubo.

I had the Black pieces in the second game and he gave me a pawn but got compensation and I resigned just before getting checkmated on the 29th move.

He left and I went down to the 1st floor to buy Teresa the same type of cellphone as I have.  The saleslady said she only had red and Teresa said she didn’t want red.  I inquired about a case like mine and she sent me upstairs to a small kiosk called Cellcom.  They didn’t have it but the salesgirl sent me up to the 3rd floor to Gadget Box but they didn’t have it either.  I even tried Claro, but no luck.  (Actually if I can buy a case like mine only a small portion of the red cellphone will be visible.)

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa.

I tried again, unsuccessfully, to withdraw cash from the Falabella ATM – again, ‘technical difficulties’.

On my way back to the apt I picked up milk at Exito.

Teresa informed me that she was okay with a red cellphone since the case would cover most of the red color.

I left the apt at 7:15 and walked back to the mall.  I bought Teresa a Samsung Galaxy A10 (same as mine) for 440,000 pesos ($131).  I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and a slice of carrot cake.  I heard English at the table behind me so I introducted myself.  It was an Englishman giving English lessons to a Colombian man.

I was back at the apt by 8:30.  The porter gave me a container of eggs that was dropped off for us.

Well, I was wrong, no rain today.

9,242 steps today.

Joke of the day
Adam, a very good looking successful man decided that it was his birthright to marry only a perfect and equally beautiful woman so that they would produce equally beautiful offspring. To achieve his goal, Adam went out to explore the world and look for the woman who would meet his high standards and with whom he could spend the rest of his life.
After many months of searching on every continent, Adam came to a small farm in Switzerland and asked to stay there. The widowed farmer warmly brought Adam home and introduced him to his three daughters.
When they entered the room, Adam was astonished by their beauty ... Each of the three daughters of the farmer was extraordinarily beautiful, and Adam decided that one of them would be his intended wife.
In the evening he told the farmer about his plans, and the happy father agreed that Adam would go on a date with each of his daughters to choose the one he liked best.
After meeting her first daughter, Adam approached her father and said: "She is really beautiful, but she has slightly crooked toes, it's barely noticeable, but she is not for me."
The father only shook his head, and the next evening Adam went out to meet his second daughter. When they returned, he told her father: "She is really beautiful but has a barely noticeable lazy eye, so she is not for me."
On the third evening, Adam went out with the third daughter and when he returned he said to the father, "She's perfect, she's all I was looking for and I have to marry her right away!"
The wedding was planned quickly, and a few months later, Adam’s long-awaited firstborn was born.  The new father came into the hospital room expecting to see his perfect offspring and was shocked when he saw that his child was hairy, ugly and not at all like him.
"How can it be???" he said to his father in law, standing next to him, "His mother and I are so beautiful!"
"Well," replied the father in law, "she's beautiful, but she was a bit pregnant when you met... really, barely noticeable..."

No comments:

Post a Comment