Thursday, November 21, 2019

Wednesday, November 20, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once about 3:15, and finally woke/got up at 7:30.

It appears Alex is coming over this afternoon to possibly purchase our living room and dining room furniture and I’ll show him how to use World Remit.  (Teresa has been wanting to get new furniture so this would certainly facilitate that.)

Teresa left for the gym just after 9am and I left just before 9:30.  Usually I cool off a bottle of water in the freezer for an hour and take that with me in my water bottle (thermos).  But with the meat we bought yesterday Teresa was somehow barely able to put it all in the freezer and there is no room for my water bottle.  At the gym I just used their water fountain after using each piece of equipment.

I watched some of the impeachment hearings.  I luckily heard the part where Sondland said “They were all in the loop: the president, the vice-president, the secretary of state, the white house chief of staff, Rudy Giuliani.”  It certainly looks to me like DT is fucked!

I copied about a dozen songs from Nigel’s thumbdrive to my iTunes account.  I also copied 5 Shyam Moses songs from iTunes to his thumbdrive for him. I finished copying all the music I want to I can meet soon with Nigel to return his thumbdrive.

It looks like that national protest tomorrow might be a big deal.  On the news I saw shopkeepers boarding up their stores in Bogota and I received an alert from the US embassy.

All of a sudden my right wrist started hurting and I hadn’t done anything.  Teresa said it’s probably from working out at the gym but that was hours ago.

Alex arrived at 3:15 and I showed him how to use World Remit.  Using that he sent me cash for the furniture and I could see that it has been deducted from his bank account but I have yet to hear from World Remit via email.  It took about an hour but I finally received confirmation from World Remit.  Because of the strike tomorrow I’ll probably wait until Friday or Saturday to pick up the cash.

The movers, Venezuelans naturally, showed up at 4:30.  They had trouble fitting the sofa into the elevator and they couldn’t get it down the stairs.  They started removing the short legs but one of the screws was stripped so that put a stop to that.  They measured the sofa and the elevator and finally were able to get it in.  They also had to dismantle the heavy finca dining room table.  They finished moving and packing everything into the truck by 6:30.
Now all we have is a loveseat in the living room and no dining room table.

Wow, my wrist is so sore I couldn’t hold a spoon to eat my hot oatmeal.

I called Alex about 8:30 and found that the movers also had difficulty getting the sofa up to their apt.  The movers are going to return tomorrow at 10am.

6,071 steps today.

Joke of the day
An elderly woman had just returned to her home from an evening of church services when she was startled by an intruder.
She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled, "Stop! Acts 2:38!"
(Repent and be baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven.)
The burglar stopped in his tracks.
The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done.
As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar, "Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you."
"Scripture?" replied the burglar. "She said she had an ax and two 38's!"

4 comments:

  1. Wondering if you are having an episode of gout in your wrist, Terry.

    It hurts, yes, but is it also really painful if you touch the area? With gout it can hurt a lot even when the affected area is only very lightly touched. That affected area can also feel warm to the touch and may look a bit pinkish.

    Or you could have sprained it during your workout, but the pain did not present until later. That happened to me when I sprained my ankle. It only hurt a very little on a Friday evening, then a bit more by the next morning, and then on Sunday I could barely walk on it. I just coddled it for a week and it finally got better. And that was the same experience and sequence of development of the pain that I had experienced with that same ankle when I had sprained it three years prior.

    If it's gout though you'll want to eat a lot of acidic fruits like strawberries and also fresh pineapple. Drinking the juice of a lime or a lemon squeezed into 8 ounces of tepid water two or three times per day will help, too. Taking some bicarbonate of soda is sometimes recommended. Google online for Foods For Gout.

    Hope your wrist feels better soon.

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, its not gout so I'm pretty sure its a sprain. I'll just take care for a few days. But I'm up for any excuse to eat strawberries!

      Delete
  2. Be careful I think this protest could turn deadly and be the start of something bigger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the violence i saw on TV, where I'm at south of Medellin I only experienced less traffic.

    ReplyDelete