Saturday, November 30, 2019

Friday, November 29, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

We left the apt at 10am and arrived at Mayorca just before 10:30. 
At the Puro Cuero (pure leather) furniture store Teresa talked to the saleslady about dining room tables & chairs, living room chairs, and living room tables. 

We broke for lunch at 12:30.  In J&C Delicias I had their Cesar salad and Teresa had fish.

I understood it was important to finalize everything today because they had a 25% off sale.  Back at the furniture store Teresa finally settled on a dining room table with 4 chairs, 2 living room chairs, and a chest of drawers for the bedroom.  The total came to 10 million and I paid 6 million with the remaining 4 million due in January.  The dining room table with chairs won’t be delivered until January 29th but I’m unsure about the other deliveries.  We finally left at 3:30. 

It obviously had been raining and there were still a few sprinkles but we got lucky catching a taxi back to the apt.

The porter gave me an envelope.  It’s from someone named Carolina living in the apt complex.  She’s trying to introduce me to Jehova’s Witness (sp?) but I’m not interested.

Teresa told me that she’s taking her mother shopping at Mayorca tomorrow so I’ll be on my own for lunch again.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Knives Out (8.1).  Locally I would like to see it and Midway (6.9).

4,255 steps today.

Joke of the day
A senior citizen was chatting with his 80-year-old buddy. 
"So I hear you're getting married?" 
"Yep!" 
"Do I know her?" 
"Nope!" 
"This woman, is she good looking?" 
"Not really." 
"Is she a good cook?" 
"Nah, she can't cook too well." 
"Does she have lots of money?" 
"Nope! Poor as a church mouse." 
"Well, then, is she good in bed?"  
"I don't know." 
"Why in the world do you want to marry her then?" 
"Because she can still drive!"

No comments:

Post a Comment