Thursday, November 7, 2019

Wednesday, November 6, 2019


I had an awful night.  I went to bed at 10:45 and was still awake at 3:15.  I got up, took another Zopiclona, went back to bed and was soon asleep.  I got up at 7:45.

Now the Today show doesn’t start until 10am but I still left the apt by 9:30.  I completed my limited set of exercises in an hour and 10 minutes.

I took a couple of naps before and after lunch.

We left the apt at 4pm for Teresa’s 4:43 appointment to apply for a passport.  We took a taxi to Alpujarra where there are a series of buildings I believe are part of Medellin’s City Hall.  We waited outside for about 15 minutes until her appointment time when we were allowed inside.  We were lightly frisked and our bags searched as we entered.  After another 15 minutes in line I paid the 136mil with my debit card at the cashier.

We waited another 15 minutes and Teresa went into one of the booths to talk to someone.  Outside I paid another 115mil for what I have no idea to another cashier.  I understand we will have to return next Wednesday to pick up her passport.

It was 6pm and traffic was heavy so we had a snack in a Santa Elena café until they closed at 6:45.  I guided Teresa 2 blocks away to the Alpujarra metro station and surprisingly, there was no line.  We got on the next train and got off at the Ayura station where we took a metro bus to a block from our apt.  (Btw, some of the metro buses now have a “no panhandling” sign on the outside.)

6,831 steps today.

Joke of the day
A nun gets into a cab, and notices that the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her. 
She asks him why he is staring. 
He replies: "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you." 
She answers, "My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive." 
"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me." 
She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic." 
The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"
"OK" the nun says. "Pull in to the next alley." 
The nun fulfills his fantasy, with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.
But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.
"My dear child," says the nun, "why are you crying?" 
"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish." 
The nun says, "That's OK. My name is Kevin and I'm just going to a fancy costume party."

No comments:

Post a Comment