Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Monday, November 11, 2019


Happy Veterans’ Day everyone.

Last night we went to bed at 10:45, I got up once at 4:15, woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7am.

Today is another holiday – Independence of Cartagena.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the gym.  I completed my exercises in an hour and 10 minutes.

Back at the apt I laid down for a 30 minute rest.

I left the apt at 12:15 and met Chuck outside Percimon.  I thanked him for his service to the US in Vietnam.

We decided to go to Empire Pizza for some NY style pizza.  There he ordered a calzone and I ordered an individual Italian sausage pizza.

He needed something from Home Center so we walked to the mall.  We ran into another gringo, whose name I think is Byran, at the entrance to the mall.  They went to Home Center and I went upstairs where I made a withdrawal at the Davivienda ATM, bought a ticket to the 3pm showing of Terminator: Dark Fate (6.5) for 12,500.  I went downstairs to Exito where I paid last month’s epm utility bill.  Back upstairs in the Platinum area of Cine Colombia I ordered a small popcorn and small Coke.  I took it into the theater to my preferred seat.  An hour into the movie I received the cellphone vibration signaling me that it was the best time to head to the restroom.  Walking down the stairs somehow I missed a step and fell forward catching myself with my left shoulder against the wall and my right hand on the floor.  I had a little soreness in my left shoulder, my left ankle and right wrist but I was feeling okay by the time I returned to my seat.  Us old people have got to be more careful!

The movie was good with a lot of action.

Afterward, I tried calling Teresa but as usual I immediately got her voice mail.  I have no idea what the problem is.  She called me a few minutes later and told me she was still in Mayorca with her friend buying clothes.  She said she would call me later, no hurry, and we would go to the patacon stand in La Mesa.  I had a cafĂ© con leche in Todo Fresa, bought a bag of carrots in Exito and returned to the apt.  I had just walked in when Teresa called me and told me she was in a taxi at the porteria and I should hurry down.  When I got off the elevator in the garage the taxi was waiting for me.

I wasn’t particularly hungry so I just had a few bites of her patacon, arepa and arepa con chocolo.

We were back at the apt by 8:15.

I watched a little Monday Night Football.

It started raining just after we went to bed at 10:45.

11,371 steps today.

Joke of the day
A Brit, a Frenchman and a Russian are viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden. 
"Look at their reserve, their calm," muses the Brit. "They must be British." 
They pondered this possibility, but the Frenchman and the Russian soon shake their heads in disagreement.
“Nonsense," says the Frenchman. "They're naked, and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French." 
Although the Russian and the Brit agreed on this point, there still seemed to be something amiss. 
"No clothes, no shelter," the Russian points out, "they have only an apple to eat, and they're being told this is paradise. Clearly, they are Russian."

No comments:

Post a Comment