Monday, November 25, 2019

Sunday, November 24, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up once during the night, again at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I finally got up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 7:45 and took a bus to Parque Poblado.  It was only 8am so I walked up the hill to Calle 36 and turned right and walked to Ganso & Castor Café at Carrera 36 #7-46 arriving at 8:20.  It was a small café, it didn’t have a buffet but it did have a large menu.  I texted Glenn and he had just arrived at the Poblado station.  Over the next half hour he first couldn’t find a taxi then when he did the driver took him to another Ganso & Castor Café location.  He finally arrived at 8:50.  I had already finished a café con leche and ordered another.  They had an American plate that I enjoyed and he happily found his Eggs Bendedict and bagel.  When my 3rd coffee arrived it was cold and I sent it back and they finally brought one that was hot.

The café wasn’t very large and I felt guilty taking up a table just talking so we paid and left.  (This location might be a keeper although I wouldn’t mind occasionally checking out some other locations.)

We walked up a block to Calle 35 and north to Calle 10.  We went down 2 blocks and I pointed out the approximate location of Pergamino #1 and we walked 2 blocks north to Pergamino #2, which is a shady spot without many customers.  (The only negative is it’s a bit of a busy road.)  We chatted until noon and then took a taxi to Envigado where I got out and he continued on to Sabaneta.
I watched the Bears defeat the NY Giants 19-14.

Teresa returned and took a brief nap.

We left the apt at 4:30 and met MT (mother Teresa) at the mall.  They took a quick look inside the new J & M store and pronounced everything is ugly.  We went up to Crepes & Waffles for dinner then we went to Café Arangos for coffee.  We left the mall about 8pm.

Tomorrow I’m not sure if I will return to the gym or wait until my wrist is completely healed.  In the afternoon Teresa has to get her eyes done (eyelashes?  eyebrows?  You know, some girlie thing) so I’ll probably go get a haircut – at least a trim.

8,780 steps today.

Thought for the day: The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! No Joke of the Day!! Did you finally run out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I've got plenty more! I just wanted to post that interesting thought before i forgot it.

    ReplyDelete