Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Monday, November 25, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30.  There were some people outside Exito, Teresa told me later, that kept her awake but with my sleeping pill I fell asleep right away.   I woke up long enough at 5am to look at my watch, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Incredibly, my wrist feels better so I’ll be going to the gym but being careful not to damage it again (or further).

After breakfast I returned to bed for a short nap.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the gym.  I completed my limited set of exercises in an hour and 15 minutes without any pain in my wrist.  We’ll see about later.

Teresa will be leaving soon for her eye appointment.  She says it’s a store by the Suramericana metro station.  I asked her why she’s going so far away and she said something about it’s for/with a friend.

I left the apt at 1:30 and walked to the mall.  I wanted to get a haircut but Mr. Kutz was closed.  I guess they’re closed Mondays.
I went downstairs and had a café con leche in Todo Fresa.  My chess tutor was supposed to grade my homework and return it to the porter for me to pick up before he left last Saturday but I guess he forgot or got busy with other things.  I guessed that I was early in the 100s so I started solving problems starting with number 129 and recording the results in another book.  I spent about 12 minutes on problem #144 but still couldn’t solve it.  It was the last one I was going to do so I just shelved it for now.

I walked back to the apt.

Teresa returned about 7pm with her eyelashes and eyebrows done and she said she can’t go to the gym this week.  Her eyebrows look like they are tattoed on (they aren’t) so, not wanting to be negative, I just said they look very shiny.

I plugged my iPod into my laptop to recharge it and I got a message from iTunes that it found songs on my iPod that it didn’t find on iTunes and do I want to copy them.  I would have thought it would have been the other way around but I gave it permission to proceed.

8,662 steps today.

Joke of the day
After 70 years of marriage, a man is asked what the secret of a long and successful marriage is.
"It's simple," he replied. "Two nights a week we go to a quiet restaurant and enjoy exquisite food, some candlelight, soft music, and a slow walk home.”
"She goes on Wednesdays, and I go on Saturdays."

No comments:

Post a Comment