Monday, November 18, 2019

Sunday, November 17, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 4:45 and only rested from then on finally getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt at 8am, walked up to Avenida Poblado and caught a bus to Calle 17.  I walked up the hill arriving at the Dann Carlton Belfort at 8:25.  Glenn arrived a couple minutes later.  We enjoyed their buffet breakfast at a table on the porch next to the swimming pool for 40,900 pesos.  We talked for about 2 ½ hours, in the meantime I texted Juan about Spanish lessons and Luz Naranjo about being my personal doctor.  Downstairs we caught a taxi to Sabaneta and I got out by McDonald’s.

Teresa really wanted to see the new mall, Arkadia which opened last Wednesday across the street from Pricesmart.  We easily caught a taxi there and traffic wasn’t too bad.

The inside of the mall is in an oval shape about 100 yards long with stores on the outside of the oval.  One problem I noticed: each of their escalators is a pair but both go in the same direction.  After you take the escalator from the 1st floor to the 2nd you have to walk to the other end of the mall to take an escalator from the 2nd to the 3rd, then walk to the other end of the mall to take an escalator from the 3rd to the 4th.  Whew!  I wonder if they did that intentionally so everyone would have to pass by more stores.  Anyway, the place was a madhouse and we were lucky to get immediately seated at a restaurant for lunch.

Outside we quickly found a taxi but traffic was bumper-to-bumper and it took about 10 minutes to clear 2 blocks.  We arrived at Santafe mall and Teresa went into Zara to check out their clothes.  She found nothing so we went into Falabella where she exchanged her workout leggings for another pair.  It was 4:30 when we were walking to the exit when we heard heavy rain against the roof so instead we went to Crepes & Waffles where we shared a cup of ice cream while sitting on the floor on some artificial grass.  Half an hour later the rain stopped and we took a taxi back to the apt.

We were out of milk so I went next door to Exito but they were completely out.  While I was there I picked up a package of microwave popcorn and a 300ml bottle of Coke.  Back at the apt Teresa reminded me that we are also out of eggs.  Yikes!

She told me that tomorrow she has to go to Sabaneta to pick up her calcium medication.

I watched my Chicago Bears lose to the Los Angeles Rams 17-7.
6,741 steps today.

Joke of the day
The vows we made on our wedding day really did mean the world to us, and we thought the blessed joy of matrimony would never die. However, once we are married, that thrill does dip - let's be honest about it!  This is before the wedding:
Husband: At last! I can hardly wait!
Wife: Do you want me to leave?
Husband: No! Don't even think that.
Wife: Do you love me?
Husband: Of course! Always have and always will!
Wife: Have you ever cheated on me?
Husband: No! Why are you even asking?
Wife: Will you kiss me?
Husband: Every chance I get!
Wife: Will you hit me?
Husband: Hell no! Are you crazy?!
Wife: Can I trust you?
Husband: Yes.
Wife: Oh my Darling!
To see what happens AFTER the wedding, read from end (bottom) to start (top) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment