Saturday, June 11, 2022

Friday, June 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

According to The Weather Channel app, “Thunderstorms possible after 1pm.”

Teresa left at 7:45 for 2 1-hour exercise classes. She’s going to call me later and we’ll have lunch in Mayorca mall.

I saw a man on the roof of the next door Exito, probably checking it for possible repairs.

I received another response from NewInChess, “I mean a replacement copy for the 2 unreadable pages in the books. We can't do anything about the diagrams, that's the decision of the publisher, maybe next version they will change it.”

I met Marcos at Maca at 10am. We talked mostly about last night’s hearings on CNN.

After he left I moved inside where I had another latte with a palito de queso while reading some of my new book.

Teresa called at 11am and informed me she was in Mayorca and I could come anytime, but no hurry.

I left Maca just before noon and across the street it was just a 5-minute wait for a Sabaneta bus to Mayorca. I found Teresa in Dollar City picking up a few things.

We had lunch in J&C Delicias, the usual salmon for her and meat lasagna for me.

I made a quick visit next door to the Cinemark theater and they had the latest Liam Neeson movie, Memory (5.6), but it was only dubbed in Spanish. I googled Viva Envigado and they have it too but it’s dubbed in Spanish. I googled Cine Colombia and it’s playing in English at Oviedo mall.

Teresa bought a new pair of tennis shoes for 413mil ($109) in ProChampions. She told me next Friday is another Dia sin IVA (non-tax day). I saw they have Asics brand shoes so I may return next Friday and buy myself a pair.

We returned to the apt by taxi in a light rain but it only lasted about 45 minutes. Teresa decided to skip the movie tonight because her nails aren’t done so maybe next Monday or Tuesday night. A few minutes later I observed her painting her nails. Tonight, we’re going to Gloria’s Antica Pizza for pizza. According to TWC there should be a break in the weather between 5:30 and 9pm. Oops, right after I read that, TWC changed their forecast to, “thunderstorms likely to continue for the next several hours”.

I finished the series Servant of the People. Amazingly, the TV series “predicted” a Ukrainian catastrophe for February, 2022 but it turned out to be only a mining accident, not war with Russia.

Well, we went from pizza to empanadas y chuzo to Chiclayo to Rocket Wings. I don’t have confidence the weather will hold out, so I took our large umbrella. Teresa saw me with the large umbrella and we took each of our small umbrellas instead.

We had a nice dinner at Chiclayo but: the table was dirty/sticky, there was no fork in the silverware package they gave me, and the pad on my seat came off when I got up because they didn’t tie it down. Colombia!

We were back at the apt shortly after 8pm for Teresa’s Desafio program.

I finished reading the hard cover Confessions: The Paris Mysteries by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. I thought it was more of a Susan Mallery book but not as well written. I’ll try to avoid James Patterson books in the future that he didn’t actually write (alone). One good thing about it is that each chapter was only 2-5 pages long.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment