Monday, June 6, 2022

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:15, finally waking/getting up at 7am. Feeling good!

The Weather Channel predicts, “storms likely to end around 8am. More storms possible later.” At least it isn’t raining now and the streets aren’t wet so I guess we didn’t have any rain overnight.

I arrived at Sweet Georgia CafĂ© in Poblado at 8:45. Inside they hadn’t turned on the lights and a waitress told me it would be 30 more minutes. Glenn arrived and asked the waitress what their normal opening time is and was told, “9:30”. Their app says they open at 8am and Glenn texted the owner and he said they open at 8:30.

We walked the 4-6 blocks to Hija Mia. For a change, Glenn ordered a buttered bagel and a couple scrambled eggs. I ordered the same not exactly sure what we would get. Another employee came out to confirm our order. It arrived as ordered – a buttered bagel and 2 scrambled eggs and they charged it as a Bagel Sandwich.



We left about 10:30 and I returned to my apt by Didi.

I have a question for my blog readers. Last February 3rd I downloaded an app called Photo Translator on my Samsung cellphone and I pay a $3.49 monthly fee. I decided I don’t want it any longer but I don’t know how to cancel the monthly automatic payments. I don’t see any emails from around that time but obviously I gave them my debit card info. Short of cancelling my debit card, how do I stop future payments? I googled the transaction name, “Google Le Van Xung” and it took me to Consumer Complaint Court. If I uninstall the app will the payments stop? Anyone have any ideas before I try that?

Just before 1pm we had a short rain shower.

Change of plans for Teresa. MT didn’t want to go out (too cold and too rainy) so Teresa left at 1:30 to have lunch with her niece.

I watched (not for the first time) All the President’s Men (7.9). I watched more episodes of Servant of the People. I started watching Watergate on CNN but Teresa returned at 8:30 just in time for her program, Los Informantes.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment