Monday, June 27, 2022

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a little while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night (1st time rain, 2nd time no rain), finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I finally located on my computer the gym video I recorded and added it to the June 20th posting.

At 8:10, as usual, I ordered a Didi car but after 8 minutes of searching it couldn’t find me a ride. I switched to inDriver and offered 10mil for the trip. Someone immediately offered 13mil, I declined, and another offered 10mil which I accepted. I still was able to meet Glenn at Hija Mia Nomada by 8:30. We talked about politics, America (actually same thing), movies, and TV shows. I had the açai bowl and this time it came in an obviously smaller bowl than usual. A strawberry muchacho came by and I bought a bag of them for 20mil. I offered to share a taxi with Glenn back to Envigado but then it started raining and we both decided we’d rather have cars come pick us up directly at the restaurant.

At 1pm Teresa told me we’re invited to a birthday party. I changed clothes and at 3pm I saw Teresa lying in bed. Thinking I would talk my clothes off and join her I asked her what we’re waiting for and she said, “a ride”. I told her I have the address and we can take a Didi. It was 16mil to Urbanizacion Fuentes de Colores and I understood our driver used to live there.

It was Caterina’s (sp?) 20th birthday and we sang “Happy Birthday” Colombian style and had birthday cake. I played some games of chess on my cellphone while everyone else chatted. At one point they asked me to give them English lessons so I quizzed them on months, days of the week, colors, etc. Everyone treats me with great respect, probably because of my elderly age and that I’m a foreigner. Six of us piled into a car, me riding shotgun, and they dropped me off at my apt, then probably dropped MT off at hers, and continued on to “abuela’s house”. I really have to work on learning all their names.

I finished season 4 of Yellowstone on MTV.

Just before 9pm the noise started: firecrackers, fireworks, and those ooga (sp?) horns. I learned later that one of Medellin’s football teams, Atletico Nacional, won something.

Teresa returned at 9:45.

I finished Michael Connelly’s The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller series #1) on my Nook.

Still noisy when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment