Friday, June 10, 2022

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, was awakened by Teresa’s snoring so I moved to the guest bedroom, got up once more during the night, again at 6am (Teresa was up), finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

According to The Weather Channel app, “Thunderstorms possible after 1pm.”

Teresa left at 9am for a gym class on Ave. Poblado.

I renewed my CS debit card travel notice for June 11-24.

I left at 9:30 for the mall; on my way I sent a text to Daniel asking when he would be available for a haircut. I stopped at Auros to print some chess notes. Luckily there was no one else there. After they were printed the chica asked if I wanted them stapled. I said no but I tried to ask if they had a 3-hole punch. She didn’t understand but a lady standing next to me asked and the chica looked under the counter and brought out a couple single hole punch machines. I told her not to worry.

I received a text from Daniel that I could come at 10am. On the 3rd floor I recycled a few plastic bottles and then went inside and got my haircut. Daniel informed me that in a couple months he would be moving to his brother-in-law’s barbershop near Piccolo’s. I confirmed it was Piccolo’s Pizza on Ave. Poblado by the Smartfit. That shouldn’t be any less convenient than the mall and might even be less expensive. I paid 70mil and tipped Daniel 10mil.

I went to Linea Estetica where I bought a bottle of AOX Therapy for 194mil ($51) for Teresa. I charged it to my USAA debit card and signed for it with my own pen. I made a trip to a nearby restroom. About 100’ outside I did a quick u-turn because I left my fanny pack hanging on the toilet paper dispenser.

I went to Santa Leña for coffee and soon after I sat down I realized I left my pen in Linea Estetica. Aargh! I have to be more careful with my things.

Teresa called and asked me to pick up a slice of carrot cake for us to share from Todo Fresa before I return to the apt.

I soon left and retrieved my pen from Linea Estetica.

I bought the slice, bought a couple bags of milk in Exito and returned to the apt.

I made plans to meet Marcos for coffee tomorrow morning.

I left the apt at 2pm and had coffee and a pastry called Colombo Suizo in Parva for a few hours. The southernmost construction fence was down as they were working with a steam roller to compact the soil at that end.

I received the following reply from NewInChess, I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for the compliments, we will tell them to the publisher. If you send the book back to us, then we will send you a replacement copy. Could you give us a heads up if you ship the book? Again thank you for the compliment.“  I asked them if the changes I recommended have been made.

A portero stopped by and dropped off our 257mil ($65) utility bill.

Teresa suggested we go out for pizza tonight but I want to see (at least the first hour) of the January 6th select committee hearing on CNN. After the first hour the presentation stopped at the moment when Teresa was asking me if this was important so I didn’t hear if it was over for tonight or they were taking a break. Teresa ended up allowing me to watch all of it and the newscaster’s discussion of it after. Pretty damning stuff!  Trump was repeatedly told he lost the election including A.G. Bill Barr explicitly told Trump his claims of election fraud were “bullshit”. Representative Scott Perry of Pennsylvania (and others) asked Trump for a pardon for his January 6th activities.

Cheney, “The day will come when Trump will be gone but republicans your dishonor will remain”.

I ended up using Rappi and ordering fried chicken from Frisby. Again it declined my debit card but switched to cash but it had doubled my order. I got that quickly corrected and the order was accepted. It arrived an hour later but for 30 minutes of those minutes it said it was “out for delivery”. I think the driver did some other deliveries first.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment