Thursday, June 2, 2022

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once around 2am, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6:45am.

Teresa left at 7am for an exercise class.

I’m tracking my American Chess Magazine and it departed the Montgomery, AL distribution center at 5:56am this morning.

I see now that my 3rd pension has been deposited into my Citibank account. Now just waiting for my SS deposit which should be in my Charles Schwab account by the 3rd (Friday).

I met Glenn at Los Porteños at 8:45. We sat outside as usual while Teresa and her gf were inside.

I asked Glenn about my Charles Schwab account and he informed me that 1. There should be a way to see my ‘pending transactions’. 2. He set his travel date to the maximum allowed and has never had a problem since.

I took a bus to Parque Envigado where I printed some notes in the copy center. In Todo Drogas I purchased my medications for the month. I returned to La Buena Mesa by bus and had a café con leche in Parva. I was back at the apt by 11:45.

I couldn’t find where I can see ‘pending transactions’ on the Charles Schwab website. As far as the Travel Notice, that doesn’t look promising either:



Teresa and I talked about putting her cash into a Bancolombia CD. She’s worried that Colombia could become another Venezuela if Petro wins the election.

At 2:15 we had some sprinkles but it didn’t last long.

Teresa left at 3pm for her massage. She called me about 4pm and asked me to join her so I could pay for a package of massages. They cost 625,000 pesos ($157) and it’s a package of 10 massages. She scheduled her first 1-hour appointment for tomorrow at 4:30. When we left she went to visit a friend across the street and I walked down to McDonald’s. I found 4 young ladies together and I asked if anyone spoke English. One of them gave me the “mas o manos” hand sign. In my broken Spanish I explained that I can’t get my debit card to work with their iFood app. Neither can I get it to allow me to pay in cash. It took about 45 minutes but she eventually downloaded the McDonald’s Colombia app and got my USAA debit card entered. (That’s the same app I used years ago until told to switch to the iFood app.) To test it I ordered an Oreo McFlurry and had it delivered to my table. I was about 2/3 the way through my McFlurry when Teresa called me and asked me to meet her at Percimon for yogurt ice cream. 😊 I walked up the hill to La Buena Mesa only to find she wasn’t at Percimon. I called her and she arrived 5 minutes later.

She had yogurt ice cream then we bought one for her friend and while she delivered it I was across the street buying 2 bags of milk in the little grocery store.

Back at the apt I confirmed my $2.13 McDonald’s purchase. I checked the showtimes in Cine Colombia and they are 5:45 and 8:40. We decided that 5:45 would be too much of a rush for her after her massage and 8:40 would be getting out too late for this 2-hour and 26-minute movie so we’ll go to the 5:45 showtime on Friday.

Teresa wanted to order burgers, then changed her mind, then changed her mind again. I had few difficulties placing the order, it was charged to my USAA account, and the order was delivered in 15 minutes. The charge was 44,400 pesos and I tipped the muchacho 5mil.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment