Monday, June 27, 2022

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night (no rain), finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

The plan for today is I’ll have coffee with Marcos from 10 to 10:30 or 10:45. Teresa has a gym class from 9:15 to 10:15. After, she may have coffee with her gf. Teresa and I will make contact by phone, then I’ll meet her at Mercado Madrid where we will buy some groceries, mainly milk, fruits, and vegetables.

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once (8.3) is playing with showtimes every at noon, 1:50, 3, 4:50, 6, 7:50, and 9pm in Viva Envigado.

I had coffee with Marcos at Maya at 10am. I gave him 250mil so he could buy me a $49.99 MagicJack in Best Buy in the states. I understand he leaves two weeks from today. While he’s in the US his gf is going to Venezuela to renew her passport.

I met Teresa in Mercado Madrid at 11 where we bought 421mil of groceries for $100 and we were back in the apt by 12:15.

I watched the 5th January 6th hearing. Trump: “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican Congressmen.”  Matt Gaetz, Mo Brooks, Biggs, Perry, Gohmert and others requested pardons from Trump so they must have thought they did something wrong.

I showed Teresa the name of the movie Everything Everywhere All at Once (8.3), a description of the plot and the trailer and she decided she would go. She suggested I leave early to buy the tickets and she would meet me there later.

I left at 5pm and took a Didi to the mall. While waiting in a short line to buy tickets I noticed the marque only showed showtimes for noon, 3, 6, and 9 for our movie. I called Teresa and informed her there was no 7:50 showtime. She said we could see it tomorrow. As I was exiting the theater I noticed the 6 or 7 computers. I played around with one and it showed there was a 7:50 showtime. I got back in line and bought 2 preferred tickets for 30,200 pesos ($7.50) for the 7:50 show. I called Teresa and informed her I did get tickets so our plan is back on. I went to Auros where I  printed some chess notes then had a latte in Santa Leña while reviewing them. Just after 7pm Teresa called and I ordered a Didi car for her and Whatsapp’d her the screen shot. She later called me and told me the Didi didn’t arrive and she’s taking at taxi. I met her in the theater and she bought a hotdog and Coke and I bought a small popcorn and Coke. The remaining balance on my Platinum card is now 45,950. She put the mustard, ketchup and the tiny shoestring potatoes on her hotdog and ate it before entering the theater.

In the meantime I saw that her Didi driver waited 5 minutes for her and now there is a 2,500 pesos charge and they want me to add a debit card to pay it. That’s the same problem I had before and now I probably can’t use Didi again until I pay it. I downloaded the Didi app to Teresa’s cellphone, gave them her cellphone number but again I don’t see where the security code is that they send to that number.

As we entered the theater it was obvious our movie had already started. The movie was spoken mainly in English but partly in Chinese so the latter I would only understand by trying to translate the Spanish subtitles. That was the strangest movie I’ve ever seen. Teresa didn’t like it at all. (One thing I learned is they translated “bagel” as “posquilla”.)

When we left the theater it was 10:15 and the front entrance should be closed so we went down to Home Center entrance where we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt. I noticed a few raindrops on the windshield of the taxi.

 


Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment