Thursday, June 23, 2022

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, again at 5:30am, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Teresa was already gone, presumably to a gym class.

Teresa returned at 8:15 and proclaimed she was starving so we soon left for Los Porteños. We were almost finished eating by the time Glenn arrived at 9am. From there Teresa and I went around the corner from Parva where she inquired about getting her eyebrows done. I understood she should come tomorrow and it would be 80mil. We returned to Parva and waited 5 minutes for Patricia to join us. Teresa and I each had a latte and Patricia had a tinto. (I think I’ve finally figured out that a latte is 7,700 pesos but a café con leche is only 4,500.)

On our way back to the apt I bought a roll of 6 sesame seed bagels for 16,200 pesos ($4) at Eduardo Madrid.

We left the apt at 1:15 and took a Didi to La Bahia where we had the lunch of the day for 19mil each. While there Teresa noticed her mother cross the street towards the mall. After lunch we found MT sitting in the Crepes & Waffles ice cream area. Teresa talked to her briefly then we went shopping in ProChampions. She had something to exchange but finally gave up and she’ll try again another day.

Teresa received a call then informed me I have an appointment with Dr. Castano tomorrow at 2:40. I asked why she didn’t check with me first as I don’t want to miss the Jan. 6th hearing which starts at 2pm tomorrow. She called them back and told the secretary I have something else already scheduled for tomorrow.

We had coffee in Santa Leña then to kill some time we went up to Coffee Market where Teresa had an aromatica (tea?). After a short wait in line we had supper in Crepes y Waffles for 54mil. Teresa did some more shopping in Decathalon but eventually gave up and we returned to the apt by taxi.

When I opened the back door of the taxi it hit Teresa on her hand. Of course, it wasn’t her fault for being in the way it was my fault for opening the door (in her words) “so violently”.

It started raining about 9:15.


Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Hello, Terry. You can watch all of the Jan. 6 hearings on YouTube if you can get the American version. NPR has them. Search for Jan, 6 hearings. I find it much easier as I can watch them on my schedule. If something comes up, I need to take care of, I can pause them to continue watching later.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete