Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Today is the first day of summer, at least in the northern hemisphere.

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

I email photos to my yahoo email account and I can see the emails using my cellphone but I can’t see them from my computer.

I left at 8am and took a Didi to Cedimed Intermedica on Calle 7. (The driver put on Country & Western music in my honor. 😊)

I had no problem getting my blood draw for my PSA test for 61,800 pesos ($16). After, I had a little leak of my blood draw spot and I forgot to bring a band-aid like last time. They gave me another cotton ball to put on it, I sat in their waiting room for a couple minutes before leaving. I returned to Envigado by bus and by 9am I was sitting in Parva having coffee.

On Facebook someone named Thejas was looking for a chess game for next week. We’ve agreed to meet at Pergamino #2 at 2pm next Thursday, June 30th and I’ll bring my set.

I returned to the apt by 11am.

We’ve been having some difficulty closing our front door so I put a little CRC on the hinges and lock but it didn’t seem to help. Teresa thinks the problem is the strike plate so maybe a screw is loose. I’ll check that out next after the CRC dries.

I watched the Jan. 6th hearing #4 on CNN but lost my internet connection at the 1 hour and 45-minute mark.

About 2pm I noticed there was a very light drizzle.

Nobraskja texted me that a package arrived for me in Florida and she asked for its contents and value. I responded it contained nuts that are a Fathers Day gift from my daughter. She didn’t ask for any other details so I guess that was enough.

I took a Didi to the mall where I printed my lost chess notes for 7,700 pesos ($2), bought another notebook and set of indexes for 14mil ($4). In the Totto store I tried to exchange my umbrella for their similar but larger model but was told they don’t have any but to check again on Friday. I had coffee in Todo Fresa, bought a slice of carrot cake to go and returned to the apt by taxi.

It took a few tries but I managed to download my PSA test results. They are the same <0.010 so I’m still cancer free. 😊

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Good day, Terry. I read the article I am leaving a link for last night. It is an interview with Petro by the Economist. If his actions follow his words, he may be okay. But, of course, his actions will speak volumes more than his words.

    https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2022/06/20/a-former-leftist-guerrilla-wins-colombias-election?utm_content=article-link-1&etear=nl_today_1&utm_campaign=a.the-economist-today&utm_medium=email.internal-newsletter.np&utm_source=salesforce-marketing-cloud&utm_term=6/20/2022&utm_id=1207777

    Best wishes for your Birthday, if I have not already missed it,
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete