Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Monday, June 13, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, was awakened at 12:30 by Teresa’s snoring, changing my position only stopped her for a minute, moved with my pillow and blanket to the guest bedroom, got up once more during the night, woke/got up at 7am.

Teresa left at 9am for a massage then getting her hair done so I will be on my own for lunch.

I watched the 2nd January 6th hearing and commentary on ABC.

On Didi they didn’t have Philly Steaks new location so I left the apt at 12:45 and took a Didi to Hija Mia Nomada. I walked across the street and took a seat under their tent. 



A man was finishing installing a new TV system called Magic Genie TV which I understand is just a box for a one-time charge of $125. They had the Australia vs Peru soccer game on and it had the same occasional buffering problem I have experienced.

I had their smash burger and a Coke and chatted with the owner Carmine for a bit. The Australian talked to him about his attempt to make and sell salted pretzels.

The charge was 33mil and I tipped the waitress 5mil. I walked 2 blocks away to Pequeña Gran Libreria where I played 2 games of chess for 5mil with the owner.




He wasn’t very good and played very slowly and I won both games.

Teresa called and asked me to meet her and MT at Viva Envigado as they wanted yogurt.

I walked 5 blocks away to Donisima donuts (Carrera 43D #10-77) which I found was next to the radio station my brother and I visited some years ago.





Of course the donut I chose for 5mil had arequipe inside and a large dab on top and was very messy to eat. I still prefer the cake donuts coated with sugar.

A block away I quickly caught a taxi to the mall. The ladies had already finished their yogurt. They went to check on something and I went to Todo Fresa and Santa Leña only to find there were no seats available. I walked toward the metro entrance and found Su’s Cookies wasn’t open. I went up to the 3rd floor where I had coffee at Coffee Market next to the car sales area.

Looking down on a new play area in the atrium:




The ladies joined me and after they had coffee and shared a cookie we left in a taxi.

I like Michael Moore’s suggestion for a revised 2nd amendment, “Congress shall have a well-regulated system for the extremely limited ownership of firearms and weapons, and they will make laws regarding ammunition, capacity, storage, locks, registration, the vetting of the owner, strict minimum-age requirements, all of which are necessary to the security of a free state and the right of the people to be kept safe from gun violence. The people’s right to not be shot, or threatened, by those who bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Speaking of James Patterson, I came across this today:



From the balcony through the clouds I saw a bright flashing light about 60 degrees off the horizon. I watched it for a couple minutes but a little later it was gone.

On the news it appears Australia beat Peru in a shootout.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment