Sunday, June 12, 2022

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, again at 6:45 finally getting up at 7:15.

According to The Weather Channel app, “Thunderstorms probably ending around 7:30. More thunderstorms possible later (after 1pm.)”

With the high inflation in the US (8.6% in May), I’m hearing retirees may be getting a SS COLA increase of about 8.5% next year.

Cool morning, only 66 degrees at 10am when I left for the mall. I printed some chess notes then paid the utility and wifi bills in Exito’s payment center.

I recycled a AA battery in Home Center then went up to the banking area. My CS debit card was declined (“exceed cupo disponble para retiro”) in the Davivienda ATM but my USAA card was accepted. I had a latte in Santa Leña for about an hour. At one point a couple came in carrying a cat and they took a table behind me. I bought some groceries in Exito and returned to the apt by noon.

I logged into my CS account and my travel notice was accepted so I don’t know what the ATM problem was.

“We have updated your account with the Travel Notice you provided.  As a result, standard fraud monitoring of your Schwab One Visa Platinum Debit Card has been tailored to include awareness of your travel.  Upon expiration of your travel notice, standard fraud monitoring will be re-instated.  Though not guaranteed, this tailored approach should result in fewer usage interruptions and declinations during your travel.
 
As a valued client, we want you to have the best experience possible when traveling and ask that you consider these travel tips before beginning your trip:

 

Use your card to make purchases wherever Visa is accepted, and to withdraw cash from your Schwab One account at ATMs worldwide. We don't charge any ATM fees and we reimburse any ATM fee you are charged. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab Visa Platinum Debit Card wherever it is accepted.  ATM fee rebates do not include currency exchange fees; fees imposed by merchants for POS transactions; or fees for stamp purchases, balance inquiries, or any transactions other than ATM cash withdrawal from your Schwab One account.[1]
Schwab does not charge any International Service Fees.“

If these problems continue, I’ll probably give up using CS as my primary debit card.

Per TWC, “thunderstorms possible after 4pm”.

We will probably only reach a high of 78 degrees today.

I left at 2:30 and had a latte in Parva. While there we had a little rain. I talked briefly with two young men at the next table, one from Brazil and the other from Canada.

On my way back to the apt I stopped in Tienda D1 but they didn’t have the arepas Teresa asked me to pick up for her.

Teresa ordered pizza from Gloria’s (Antica Pizza) for supper.

I watched the first two parts of CNN’s new TV series Watergate.

My brother Jim texted me that our cousin David is going to have a cancer procedure. I need to get more information on that.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment