Sunday, June 5, 2022

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:30. Feeling good!

The Weather Channel predicts, “storms likely to end around 9:30am. More storms possible later.” At least it isn’t raining now and the streets aren’t wet so I guess we didn’t have any rain overnight.

Teresa is leaving soon for her gym class so I’ll be having my own breakfast out, I’m thinking Ganso y Castor. Unless it’s raining then I’ll just have cereal here until it stops.

Teresa left at 9am and I at 9:30. I had French toast in Ganso y Castor followed by coffee in Parva.

I returned to the apt by noon under a few sprinkles. It appears Teresa will be getting her nails done so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

Some good news is I can see the $2000 I transferred yesterday from my USAA account to my Charles Schwab account.

Teresa called me at 1pm. She asked me to have lunch (without her) in La Bahia then call her after and we’ll have ice cream with MT in Percimon. Not sure if this is a ploy to get me to eat healthy or for me to pay for their ice cream. 😊

I changed clothes and took a Didi to La Bahia. Usually that’s a 6mil trip but this time it was a little over 8mil. The app did say something about this being a busier time than normal. I thought it was a little strange that he took Ave. Poblado instead of Ave. Las Vegas but I didn’t think anything of it until he was in the middle lane by Parque Envigado and his app was directing him straight ahead instead of turning right. In my broken Spanish I managed to convince him I selected the wrong La Bahia and I directed him to the right one.

I really wasn’t hungry so maybe I should have denied Teresa’s lunch offer. All the tables were taken but I wasn’t in any hurry and a spot came open 10 minutes later. I had patacon soup and grilled chicken breast with a small baked potato and salad and “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing”.

Yesterday I wanted to take a photo of the Ikea construction but the windows are now blocked off my paper. This is what the construction looks like from the other side of Ave. Las Vegas:



In the mall I found Teresa and MT sitting in the Crepes & Waffles ice cream area. We walked across the aisle to Percimon. For a change I tried something new: it’s a round piece of carrot cake that goes in the bottom of the container with yogurt ice cream on top and I added peanut sprinkles. The ladies had something similar.

They went to do some shopping and I went to Todo Fresa where I managed to get the last table.

They joined me about an hour later and had coffee also.

Outside we caught a taxi back to our respective apts.

For supper Teresa didn’t want to cook but wanted something different. I suggested Mu and she accepted eagerly. I place the order at 6:15 and it arrived at 7:15 and for the first time the ribs and fries were cold. I had one rib and half the fries then texted the owners, “Primera vez. Costillas y papas son fria! ☹☹☹” They answered, “Los siento, no pasará de nuevo” so hopefully it won’t happen again.

 

Funny pix of the day



 


No comments:

Post a Comment