Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Monday, February 13, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa made me breakfast then headed out at 9am for a gym lesson. I left at 9:45 and Laura will soon be leaving for a doctor’s appointment in El Tesoro.

I had a latte in Los Portenos for about 90 minutes. I briefly talked to a gringa who has been here a year working for a Medellin foundation. I left at 11am and stopped in Eduardo Madrid but they didn’t have my sesame seed bagels.

I returned to the apt and Teresa notified me she ordered a loaf of bread from Eduardo Madrid that I can pick up in her name after 3:30.

I looked online for a couple of my 1099s but learned they have been mailed so I guess I’ll have to wait a little longer.

I had a latte in Eduardo Madrid and returned to the apt with the loaf of bread Teresa ordered.

I exchanged emails throughout the day with Nobraskja. It seems customs wants to charge me $68 for an item I ordered for Teresa. Usually there’s no tax for amounts less than $200. I showed proof that Amazon put the value at $142 but customs doesn’t appear to care.

About 7:30 a refrigerated truck came by for Ara but couldn’t find a place to unload despite the new no parking signs which customers seem to be ignoring.

I finished season 3 of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on MTV.

Laura came back with a fingernail kit. I went down to the garage storage to get an extension cord for it. Because they charge so much to do fingernails in the US, I think Laura is going to start doing nails as a side business.

 

Fun pix







No comments:

Post a Comment