Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, waking at 5am, gave up getting back to sleep and got up at 6am.

I don’t want to call this an anniversary but my hernia surgery was exactly 1 year ago today. For some time after the surgery the only way I could get out of bed was to roll on my side. Sometime in the past few months I’ve been able to “sit up” with the help of my elbows so that’s a little progress.

I tried to order more Calendula (Marigold) flower capsules from PipingRock.com but they are temporarily out of stock. I gave them my email address for when they receive more; I’m still good for a couple more months.

After breakfast I returned to bed for another hour.

Teresa asked me to go to Mercado Madrid and buy a package of Rancherito salchichas (hot dogs). I told her I’m not going that way. She said to check in Ara and I said I would.

I had another set of August & September calendars printed at the La Buena Mesa location. In Parva, someone sitting at a table of 3 said, “hello”, and I asked, “who’s speaking to me in English”. A woman said, “I did”. She said she works way in the back of the store. I asked if she’s a baker and she said she comes up with ideas. I assembled another calendar page for the end of August and beginning of September.

I left at 11:30 and found the hot dogs in Ara but there was a short line with full carts. A cashier opened another station and I only had to wait for the cart ahead of me to be scanned and I bought the hot dogs for 13,800 pesos ($3).

For lunch we had frijoles with a hot dog cut up in it; the Colombian version of pork & beans.

I received another reply from Greek Cruises and this time they sent me a color chart and I can see the September 8-11 sailing (they call it 3-days, go figure) is Season B (next to most expensive). Now I have to figure out the deck layout so I can decide what cabin we want.

Laura left at 8:15.

Today I watched more episodes of The West Wing on MTV.

 

Today I got in 1,891 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment