Monday, February 20, 2023

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up 1:45 (Laura was still out), again at 6am (Laura was in), finally waking/getting up by my alarm at 7:30.

I left the apt at 8:30 and quickly caught a Sabaneta bus outside Smartfit. I noticed the fare has increased 200 pesos from 2,650 to 2,850. I got off at Parque Poblado and ran into Glenn crossing Ave Poblado. We were both surprised to find Sweet Georgia open when we arrived at 9am. We started with coffee and got caught up on some things. He suggested we skip staying in Madrid and just go on to Athens because there’s more to do there. I mentioned I’m going to check on 3-5 day cruises of the Greek islands. He sent me info for an arm table that clips on the side of a sofa. He ordered toast, potatoes, and scrambled eggs and they brought French toast instead of toast. I ordered scrambled eggs and pancakes with blueberries but they came plain.

When I went inside to use their restroom, I noticed what looks like a lending library of about a dozen books including Ken Follett’s Code to Zero.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado. In Viva Envigado I picked up 2 bags of milk and put them into a bag usually used for vegetables. I was looking in the coffee aisle when the bottom of the bag fell out. They didn’t have our usual Nescafe decaf instant coffee nor the large packages of our favorite egg brand. I bought what I could and returned to the apt by taxi.

Just after noon I heard a siren. I went out on the balcony and a transit officer had arrived on a motorcycle. He started taking photos and within 5 minutes the 5 cars that were parked illegally had left. Thirty minutes after the police left, cars were parked illegally in the street again.



We left the apt at 2:15 and walked to La Buena Mesa where Teresa wanted to have lunch at El Trifásico but when we arrived all tables were taken and there was a waiting line.

Teresa and I ended up at Black Pepper and Laura across the street at Almejal because she wanted ajiaco soup. I had the ribs with rustic potatoes and Teresa had their salmon.

We reunited about an hour later and returned to the apt.

At 4pm Teresa and Laura left for Santafe mall where they were going to meet with family.

I watched more episodes of The West Wing and the ladies returned at 9pm.

Today I got in 3,721 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment