Monday, February 6, 2023

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:15, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I seem to have improved overnight because my nose is past the dripping stage.

Teresa informed Esmeralda wants to borrow 3 million pesos payable in June or July. I understand she’s at home recovering from her foot surgery. I told Teresa, “fine but I’m going to need the cash for Jeannie’s wedding by August”.

Teresa and I had breakfast in Los PorteƱos then I ordered a Didi to take us to Pricesmart. (I was happy to see the Didi had no problem finding us up this blind side street.) We bought 1,117,735 pesos ($243.81) of food including 132mil for renewing our membership.

I made arrangements with Carlos to pick up Laura from the airport on Wednesday.

I watched an interesting 4-episode documentary “Pepsi, Where’s my Jet?”.

It was about 8:30 and I was sitting at the kitchen table when Teresa said, “who would be cutting down a tree at this hour?” I looked out the bedroom window and saw firemen below on the street hacking at a large branch (apparently dead) with a machete. It was probably the same branch that was struck by an Ara truck as it left earlier. I wonder why the urgency? Was someone hurt? Or did Ara just request it removed?

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment