Monday, February 27, 2023

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 7am.

The street is wet so obviously we got some rain overnight.

I left the apt at 8:30 and had to wait 10 minutes outside Smartfit for an Envigado bus. I still arrived at Sweet Georgia by 9am and Glenn was waiting for me.

We met a couple US Marines stationed in Bogota and Calvin Alexander who is teaching technology (he specifically mentioned Python) to students in Comuna 13. I mentioned I was previously a computer programmer and an instructor and he took down my contact information in case he had some questions for me.

I informed Glenn I thought he could still get a lifetime subscription to MS Office 2021 from TechSpot for $39.

I showed Glenn my paperback The Magus and he believes he read it years ago before a trip to Greece. I exchanged my paperback for Ken Follett’s Code Zero.

When the checks came, mine was 57,200 which included 2 lattes at 9,500 each. Before I thought they were included with the meal. I’ll have to pay more attention to the menu next time.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado, they got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I printed another set of August/September calendars at Auros, bought a bottle of AOX Therapy for Teresa in Linea Estetica then went upstairs and ordered 8 pieces of chicken at Frisby to go. I requested only the chicken (sin arepas, sin guantes, sin cubiertos plastico, sin salsas, sin serviettas). They got it right except they still included the arepas.

I returned to the apt by taxi and the driver commented multiple times about the smell of chicken. 😊

I’ve been watching some Anna Cramling (a female chess FIDE master) Youtube videos so I subscribed to her Youtube channel, whatever that means.

I made plans to meet Jose for chess on Tuesday.

We had a little shower in the afternoon.

I was messaged by Jason Mullin, a friend of Michael Sito. His son Eli is into chess so we’re going to try to play a game on Chess.com.

I made a haircut appointment with Daniel for next Saturday, March 4th at 9am.

I asked Laura if Teresa is comfortable with the new iPhone and Laura informed me she will be moving the sim card back to the old phone. I told her, “Good luck, since you cut the sim card to fit into the iPhone”.

I watched a couple more episodes of The West Wing on MTV.

I’m only 17 moves into my new game with Troyclough but I’m certain I have a forced checkmate coming soon. I won the game 2 moves later.

Just before 7am the ladies were talking about going for pizza but Laura would have to take a shower first. At 7:30 she still wasn’t ready so she asked us to go ahead and order 2 slices of Hawaiian (pineapple) pizza for her. We left 10 minutes later and took a Didi to Antica Pizza. Neither Gloria nor her husband Ramon were there. We had a 10-15-minute wait to get seats inside. Laura arrived 5 minutes later just in time for her pizza. She ordered an Uber to take us back to the apt but when we arrived she didn’t get out of the car but said, “see you tomorrow” and I asked where she’s going. She said she’s meeting with her gf Cindy. I asked where and she replied, “Caldas”.

 

Today I got in 3,539 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



 

No comments:

Post a Comment