Saturday, February 24, 2024

Friday, February 23, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 1:30, fell asleep quickly but woke up at 6:30.

(I’m having a problem saving my photos to my computer and it’s not because of storage problems but because there is a new version of Outlook and I haven’t figured it out yet.)

I finally dragged myself out of bed around 7am, took my shower, set up my laptop and found the Wi-Fi network and password. This is our AirBnB and the view from our porch.










I moved the temp up to 25C (77F) and that seems to be working thus far.

Laura and Peter have landed in Cartagena and should be arriving any minute. They’ll probably go to bed soon and Teresa and I’ll go shopping for food ingredients.

They arrived at 8:30 with a few basics including bottles of water. (Teresa says we shouldn’t drink the water here.) After we got organized, we all walked a couple blocks to Crepes & Waffles San Martin for breakfast.



I had a waffle with maple syrup, a fried egg and a latte. We each ordered a bottle of water and left with 2 of them for our fridge.

They returned to the apt with the water and Teresa and I headed to Tienda D1 for fixings for breakfast and lunch. On our way we got waylaid by a Studio F where Teresa bought a top and slacks for 499,299 pesos ($127) and I paid for it with my Capital One debit card.

We walked a couple more blocks to Tienda D1 where we bought some foodstuffs for breakfast and lunch for 150mil. We returned to the apt by taxi for 10mil.

Laura suggested this restaurant for dinner tonight.

Hotel-Las-Americas-Cartagena-de-Indias-Las-Americas-Hotels-Group-Menu-Bistro-Ingles-Restaurante-Erre-QR-1.pdf (hotellasamericas.com.co)

I don’t know why she always picks these fancy, expensive places. That changed when I informed her I didn’t bring pants, a dress shirt and shoes.

About 5pm we walked across the street and the ladies took chairs in a shady spot on the beach that must have been a bar or restaurant.

They ordered beers and I a piña colada. 



A couple women came around and gave the three of them massages that went from feet, to legs, to arms, and then a little for shoulders and back. Because of my skin condition I didn’t want anyone touching me or have them put their “oil” on me. About half an hour later they wanted 100mil each for their “massage”. (Remember Teresa was getting multiple medical massages for 200mil or so from Kelly.) Laura paid the 200mil for her and Peter but Teresa resisted and only paid 50mil. When the bill came for the drinks, it was 108,000 pesos (I remember specifically my piña colada was 55mil.) So, our hour at the beach cost us 250,000 + 108,000 = 358,000 pesos ($92). We could get a nice meal for that.

Teresa told me she informed Laura she isn’t interested in going to expensive restaurants so they’re going their way and we’re going back to Crepes & Waffles.

We left the apt at 7:30 and walked to the end of the block and across the street where I noticed a 2nd floor outdoor patio restaurant called San Marino. I suggested we check it out, Teresa looked at their menu and took a seat at one of the tables. I guess that means we’re a Go!




Teresa ordered a fish called Mojarra but I couldn’t get it to translate but she loved it. I had their baby beef which came with mashed potatoes and it was delicious.

Only problem is when I went to pay for it my Capital One debit card it was declined so I paid for it in cash.

We returned to the apt and were in bed by 9:30.

 

DOG MEMES



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment