Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:30, awakened by Teresa getting up at 6am, made trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, set an alarm for 7:30 but got up at 7am.

We left at 9:30 and took separate taxis to the airport. We checked our single bag, went through the TSA check, and it was a short walk to our gate. We had a 2-hour wait but stuck around our gate area. We boarded on time and had seats 9C & 9D across the aisle from each other.

The nice thing about flying direct to/from Medellin & Cartagena is the flight is so short (an hour) that the stewardesses barely have time to go through the usual safety routine. You take off, they start bringing down the drink cart, and then it’s time to land. 😊

I finished the book home safe by Elizabeth Berg.

After we landed in Rio Negro, we had a long wait to pick up our bags – 20 minutes? Our bags were one of the first to hit the belt. Just for grins I tried my debit card at Davivienda in the airport but with the same result.

Bryan found us easily and (because Teresa was hungry) we had him drop us all off at Los Patios hostel in Manila. They checked into a small room then we all went around the corner to Olivia’s where we had lunch. Teresa loved her seafood casserole so now she’s up for trying it at our Olivia’s. 😊

Laura ran into a girl she knew and they chatted for quite some time. While there we heard something about a young man being electrocuted while working on electrical lines across from the hostel. I heard nothing but did see an ambulance in the street.

I ordered a Didi to pick us up and return us to our apt in Envigado.

Teresa called the porteria for a portero to turn our water back on.

I called Capital One and it was soon obvious they couldn’t hear me. I updated magicJack and tried again and got the same result. I checked and found I was set to speaker so I changed it to headset. It still didn’t work so I checked the phone number against my email and found it was different. I tried the new phone number and they asked for my case# (it was their fraud dept.) which I didn’t have. I checked the email again, found the case number, called them back and after a short wait I talked to a rep that verified my identity and unblocked my card. 😊

It's nice to be back and Teresa and I both agree we’re tired of Cartagena and their dirty beaches.

Ugh, I was comfortably ahead in the current game versus Troyclough until I blundered a piece. Now I’ll have a fight on my hands.

I won a game against Mr_Blamo increasing my rating 1 point to 1595.

Teresa agreed to buying new suitcases but she wants to be with me when I make the purchase.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment