Friday, February 9, 2024

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Last night I slept until 6am and got up at 6:45.

Teresa’s plan for today was gym then we’ll meet at La Bahia for lunch and go to Mayorca for her 3pm doctor’s appointment.

I completed my workout in Smartfit from 8am to 9am and returned to the apt to see Alessia Santeramo’s lesson. I guess they must have rescheduled it because she was just playing speed chess online.

Teresa called at 11am and asked me to meet her for lunch at La Bahia at 12:30. I left at 12:10 and walked to the restaurant and Teresa arrived a couple minutes later. After lunch she changed her plans. She would visit her mother while I had coffee across the street in the mall and I would pick her up by taxi at 2:30 and we would continue on to the Mayorca.

I went across the street to Exito Wow to pick up cash that my brother sent for his trip here. Of course, I pushed the wrong buttons on the “turn machine” but when it was my turn the rep corrected me and guided me to pushing the right buttons.

They ask for lots of information, everything except my fingerprint, but I got the cash.

I walked through Home Center checking out their brand names for fans but all they have is Samurai and HC (Home Center?).

I had a latte in Urbania with my usual glass of ice water. The water smelled funny but I drank most of it anyway. A girl came to the next table and appeared to be looking for an outlet so in my broken Spanish I asked her if she’s looking for electricity. She switched to English and I told her there are outlets somewhere under the bench I’m sitting on.

I left at 2:15, took this photo of the Atrium (dog obstacle course?)



and made a trip to the restroom.

I quickly caught a taxi outside and struggled a little to get him to go to MT’s complex at Portal Sur. We got it done and thankfully Teresa was waiting for us.

In Mayorca we took a medical elevator to her doctor’s office on the 12th floor. I paid 1,480,000 pesos for a facial treatments with doctor Ximena Melo. This was to be her Christmas present. I asked her if she meant last Christmas or next Christmas and of course she responded with last.

Her treatment lasted about 40 minutes then we went to Crepes & Waffles for a 4pm snack. Teresa had broccoli with cheese on a crepe with some type of (I’m sure healthy) green juice and I had a banana split and a latte for a total of 63,000 pesos.

We stopped in the Asian store where I bought a box of wipes to clean my computer, cellphone, etc.

Down in the basement we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I had diarrhea so I took 2 loperamide tables and it stopped immediately.

Wow, beautiful sunset to the south tonight.



 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment