Monday, February 19, 2024

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Sao Paolo where Glenn was just arriving.

I had a latte and an almond croissant and Glenn had his usual chemex with a cinnamon roll. Jim arrived about 30 minutes later after going through heavy traffic due to Sunday’s ciclovia.

I learned from my brother that you can do searches of photos in Photo Gallery. 😊

Jim and I left about 11am and walked across the street to La Frontera where we soon were in a Didi back to his hotel – Dann Carlton Bilfort. I’m thinking Teresa and I should spend a couple nights here and use their pool.

Bryan picked us up on time at 12:30 and took us to the airport. We timed the new tunnel at 12 minutes long. On the way I learned that Colombia is building tunnels to the coast that will reduce the duration from 12 hours to 5 hours. That, and similar projects, should greatly improve Colombia’s economy. The trip cost 150mil. I informed Bryan that we will need an apt pickup this Thursday.

At the airport Jim checked his single bag and we had coffee at Juan Valdez. We said our goodbyes and he got in line for the international departures area while I went outside and got in line for a bus back to Medellin. I was on the next bus and returned to Medellin for 15,500 pesos. I got off at San Diego mall and went up to Crepes & Waffles but there was a line. I went to Exito and bought a small carton of eggs and the cotton balls Teresa requested and returned to the apt by Didi.

The movie The Zone of Interest (7.9/1:45) is playing at 4:30, 7pm, and 9:45. It’s originally in German so I hope it’s dubbed in English with Spanish subtitles.

I checked my blog for Cartagena restaurants and found these four that we visited two years ago.

1.  Candé, Barrio San Diego, Carrera 10 #39-02, (311) 697-8835; 100% Cartagena cuisine (seafood; lunch; live music).

2.  Niku, Calle San Juan Dios 13 #3-39, (300) 704-5054 (seafood; steak w/ baked potato; dinner).

3.  Mardeleva, Calle Nuestra senora del Carmen #33-41; (317) 668-0456; (seafood; pasta; ~steak).

4.  Charleston Santa Teresa; Carrera 3 #31-23; (605) 664-9494; (plaza; colonial; chicken fried rice).

I copied the info into my cellphone for easier access while we’re there.

I lost a game to Mr_Blamo lowering my rating 14 points to 1582.

We left the apt just after 7pm and took a Didi to Antica Pizza. The place was busy so we ended up sitting on steps of the next-door apt building. We had to get up several times as residents went in and out. When I went to pay the bill it was 41,500 pesos and I gave the girl 50mil. She came back with a 10mil note and rattled off something in Spanish. I saw the look of panic on her face when I told her I don’t speak much Spanish but I gave her a 2-mil note and all was good.

We walked down to the bakery only to find it closed but a new place called Street Fries opened up next door and it was very crowded with people sitting on the steps.



I guess it has various toppings for the fries. We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I gave up reading the book The Round House by Louise Erdrich.

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment