Sunday, February 11, 2024

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, finally waking up at 6:30 and getting up at 7:30.

Teresa had the muchacho deliver a large carton of eggs and 2 plantains for 25mil.

I left the apt at 9am and arrived at Plaza Mercado 25 minutes later. I went up to the 2nd floor and took a table outside Donelia and Jim soon arrived.




We had calentao, scrambled eggs and café con leche for 15mil each.

We used InDrive to order a car to take us to El Retiro for 70mil. We’re now just a little over 7,000 feet


compared to the 5,000 feet of Medellin.
View of the town square from the church:


Jim bought a package of freshly made potato chips



then we visited a couple cafes, restaurants




Restaurante Isabel




Aroma A Cafe

taking our time, enjoying our coffee.

We passed a feed store with live chickens:

 


Yesterday I drew ONEIPAMETATO1547 and Troyclough dropping my rating to 1589.

Today I won a piece against ONEIPAMETATO1547 and he resigned on the 28th move increasing my rating to 1595.

About 3pm Jim ordered an Uber to return us to Medellin for 70mil. The driver dropped us off at Exposiciones station and we took the metro south. Jim continued on to Sabaneta station and I got off at Ayura and took a taxi back to the apt.

This paragraph is just for my own recollection. My Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive is 32GB with speeds up to 130MB/S reading. It was purchased on Amazon for $8.11.

·     Transfer a full-length movie in less than 40 seconds

·     Up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 drives.

·     Help keep private files private with SanDisk PrivateAccess software.

I created a factory default backup per the Acer manual, “Since the recovery backup requires at least 8GB of storage after formatting, it is recommended to use a USB drive with a capacity of 16GB or larger.” Wow, that took 2-3 hours, but in the end the 3 folders and a single file take up 8.05GB with 20.5G of free space.

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment