Friday, February 16, 2024

Monday, February 12, 2024

Last night I went to bed around 11:30. I was still awake at 3:30 when I unplugged my charged phone, set the alarm to 7:30 and put it next to the bed. I think I slept the last couple hours and so far I’m not doing too bad considering I only slept a few hours.

The ice maker is working normally again.

We don’t have any milk so I had water with my breakfast.

For my notes: my new external hard drive is a Toshiba 1TB (1,000,000,000 bytes) Portable Storage, Canvio Basics that I bought on Amazon for $49.99.

I left the apt at 9am and stopped at a Pasteur pharmacy where I bought a package of Zopiclona tablets for 50mil. I continued on to Ayurá station where I caught the metro, got off at Caribe station arriving at the north terminal by 9:45.

I paid 1,100 pesos to use the public restroom.

Since I didn’t have coffee with breakfast I was tempted to get one at Dunkin Donuts but then asked myself, “why do I need anything that will make me feel hotter?”. (Lots of windows in the terminal and no A/C.)

Jim arrived a few minutes later and at window 19 we bought tickets to Santafe de Antioquia for 23mil each. We soon were in a mini bus with no A/C but with the windows down it was tolerable as long as we were moving.

The trip took about 90 minutes and were dropped off by the main park. We stopped off at a nearby café where we each had a bottle of water with a glass of ice for 5,500 pesos. We checked into one room at the hotel




about 1pm with the other being ready by 3pm. We went to the pool where Jim had lunch but I had no appetite so I just had a limonada de coco which was delicious. I laid down and had a 30-minute nap which allowed me to stay up the remainder of the day.

The hotel had a lot of antiques:









And a "Don Quijote" library:




We hung out most of the time by the pool so we could just jump in when we were feeling overheated. Every once in a while (several times an hour) we would hear a thud and see this “fruit” land at our feet.



I thought it was an immature mango but the waitress said it was almendras (almond). Later when I googled it, the fruit certainly didn’t look like what I saw in the photos.

I moved into my room just after 3pm and set the A/C temp to the lowest it would allow which was 17 Celsius (63 degrees F).

We checked out the area for restaurants but didn’t find anything suitable so we had supper in the hotel. I had a Cesar salad with chicken and a Coke with ice.

I went to bed just before 10pm. I removed from the bed: 3 pillows, that decorative strip of cloth at the end of the bed, and a thick duvet. I ended up with just a top sheet and fell asleep quickly.

 

CREEPY THINGS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment