Thursday, February 1, 2024

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

The plan for today is gym, coffee, then meet Teresa for lunch at La Bahia (she has to visit MT in her apt because of a water leak?), then Mayorista for fish for her and tea for me.

I see my Social Security and pension deposits are in my accounts.

I completed my Smartfit workout between 8:15 and 9:15. I’m feeling my shoulders aren’t right so I’m going to lower the weight but I should be able to increase the reps.

I had a latte in Los PorteƱos until 11:30.

I left the apt at 12:15 and walked to La Bahia. I had to wait about 15 minutes for Teresa to show up with MT.

We each had their menu of the day plus a bottle of water for Teresa for a total of 56,000 pesos ($14).

We said goodbye to MT and hopped in a taxi that took us to Mayorista. As soon as we walked into Badia Teresa must have said something because the clerk immediately took down all the boxes (13) of chamomile tea and I charged 141,700 pesos ($36).

We walked a couple blocks to Amazonas Pescado y Marisco where Teresa bought a large slice of salmon for 89,320 pesos ($23).

Outside we quickly caught a taxi and were back at the apt by 2pm.

I had to resave some excel spreadsheets in order to reclaim some much-needed space.

Teresa wants to go to an 8am gym class in Viva Envigado tomorrow so only if I get up by 6:30 will she have time to make me breakfast. And she has a 12:40pm appointment at eps so I’ll be on my own for lunch. (I’ve heard that before!)

I watched a couple more episodes of Designated Survivor.

 

CREEPY THINGS



1 comment:

  1. Terry, the snake skin brought back memories. My father owned a small chain of auto salvage yards (Rattlesnake Auto) around Dallas county in my youth. He kept live rattlers in large glass cages. Once, mom drove up in her station wagon with six or so of us kids. Dad came running, shouting for us all to stay in the car. He had the large crane with a monster magnet on it swing over and pick the wagon off the ground while yelling at mom that the largest rattler was roaming around somewhere. About a year later I was out in the large salvage yard when I heard a rattler in the trunk of an old wrecked car. Dad grabbed his shotgun and a box of shells and followed me. He unloaded the shotgun and ended up emptying the entire box of shells into the trunk. Inside was the DEAD ratller. Dad skined it and cleaned it . He cooked bar-b-qued rattler for lunch for the workers that day.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete