Saturday, January 26, 2019

Friday, January 25, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly and woke up, too early, at 5:40am.  I eventually fell back asleep waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa left at 9:25.  She’s going to eps to see if she can get an appointment with an oncologist for her cancer treatment.

I left at 9:30 for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in about an hour and 45 minutes.

Teresa was back at the apt when I returned.  I understand they will call her with an appointment.

She told me Laura left the house last night and when she came back she went into the wrong house – luckily it turned out to be a brother or sister or someone else in the family.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.
Locally, I would like to see Escape Room (6.4) but it’s only playing late at night, Destroyer (6.8) playing at 2:10 in Vizcaya, and Papillon (7.1) is only playing late at night.

Even though Teresa was having lunch with a friend she told me she was hungry so we walked up to Buena Mesa where we had lunch at Asados.

She walked back to the apt and I took a bus to Calle 10.  I saw lots of gringos around.  It was an hour before my movie so I walked up to Vizcaya.  Even though I was in shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt I was sweating by the time I arrived.  I bought a preferred seating ticket for 9,000 pesos.  I asked the girl when I could have my platinum card and she said February.

The movie, Destroyer (6.8), starring Nicole Kidman, was good but not great.

I walked down the hill and stopped at Envios Market to pick up my mail.  They gave me my February Reader’s Digest, 2 more BSI Financial letters (one with my wife’s name on it), a 1099-R and, what I really needed, a Medicare handbook.

Outside I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus (and even got a seat) but we crawled through the Gold Mile.

I was back at the apt by 5:30.

Teresa returned at 7:15 and said she was held up in Avenida Poblado traffic for an hour – but maybe she exaggerates.

Teresa told me that Laura went for coffee (she’s only about a 20 minute walk from a Starbucks) and an older man paid for her coffee.  Teresa told me she’s probably bored because she doesn’t have her girlfriends to go out with on a Friday night.

I texted Sara and recommended she teach Laura about how to call 911.  She texted back that she already knows about it.  I guess it was taught at her orientation.  She also said tomorrow they are going to get her a US sim card.

Joke of the day
A young woman brings home her fiance to meet her parents.  After dinner, her mother tells her father to find out about the young man.
The father invites the fiance to his study for a drink.  “So what are your plans?” the father asks the young man.
“I am a Torah scholar,” he replies.
“A Torah scholar.  Hmmm,” the father says.  “Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughter to live in, as she’s accustomed to?”
“I will study,” the young man replies, “and God will provide for us.”
“And how will you buy her a beautiful engagement ring, such as she deserves?” asks the father.
“I will concentrate on my studies,” the young man replies, “and God will provide for us.”
“And children?” asks the father.  “How will you support children?”
“Don’t worry, sir.  God will provide,” replies the fiance.
The conversation proceeds like this and each time the father questions the young idealist he insists that God will provide,.
Later, the mother asks, “How did it go, Honey?”
The father answers, “He has no job and no plans, but the good news is he thinks I’m God.”

2 comments:

  1. HI Terry..... I have been reading your blog for years.... Please inform Laura to beware of cameras in the house where she is doing her nanny duties. My son has a Colombiana nanny and they have cameras all over the house they use to watch what goes on while they are away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I've thought of that but forgot to tell her.

    ReplyDelete