Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Tuesday, January 8, 2019


Last night I fell asleep quickly and woke/got up at 6:40am.  Nice!

I skipped breakfast as I believed I could get something in the Itagui clinic cafeteria.

We left the apt at 8:15, traffic was light and we quickly arrived at the clinic.  We walked up to the 2nd floor where I went to the cafeteria while Teresa continued up to the 3rd floor.  I had a pastry with a café con leche for 4mil and read some news from my cellphone.  Teresa returned about 20 minutes later.

She soon got a call that John Joseph doesn’t have any water at the finca.  She called someone and I understood the problem would soon be fixed.

I asked Teresa what happened at the clinic and she said she dropped off some medical papers and the oncologist would be calling her.  (What I think might be happening now is we’re adding public insurance medical care to our private medical care.)  We were back at the apt by 9:20.

I asked Laura when we’re going to the au pair agency to pay with my debit card.  Using my laptop she logged into her au pair account, went to the billing page, I entered my billing information and it was soon paid for.  Wow, that was fast and easy.  I didn’t immediately receive a confirmation email but I checked my bank account and it was deducted under Au Pair in America’s UK title so I guess everything is ok.

I tried to explain to Teresa and Laura the current political climate with the government showdown in the US and how that could possibly affect Laura’s flight to New York and/or her NY tour.

I watched the first hour of the Today show.

I left the apt at 2pm with an oatmeal cookie and walked down to the mall.  I stopped first at the copy center where I printed a Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie recipe and a copy of Colombia’s 2019 holidays.  I stopped at Habia Una Vez where I had a café con leche with my cookie.  After being there about an hour Chuck and Darnelly unexpectedly joined me.  Their friends from Panama are going to be there a week or more after they leave so we’re going to meet for lunch on Thursday at Otra Parte so I can meet them and be backup if they need anything.  After Chuck and Darnelly left I had another café con leche.  Just before 4pm I felt a sudden cool breeze which I interpreted as portending a coming rainstorm.  I paid for my coffees and left.  I took the time to stop at Exito Express and bought a couple bags of milk.

Right after returning to the apt we got a little light rain but nothing serious.

Teresa informed me that I have a 9:20am doctor’s appointment in nueva eps tomorrow.  I understand this will be to show the doctor my medical records so he can order a blood draw for cholesterol testing.

I just learned that Laura isn’t leaving here on the 21st, she’s leaving on the 20th and flying to Bogota.  She will stay overnight either with her friend like last time or with an au pair she met recently who will also be going to the US on the 21st.

I gave Laura the $39 I had left over from when I first arrived from the US.  I told her it isn’t a lot of money but she could, for example, buy something to eat or drink in the US airport.

I reminded Teresa that we have the 150mil that my brother sent us to use for a dinner before her surgery.  That didn’t happen and she doesn’t seem that interested in going out so we used 60mil to order chicken wings from Go Wings.

While we were consuming our wings the ladies had a new TV program on called La Agencia: Batalla de los Modelos or The Agency: Battle of the Models.  I don’t know what it was about but there were 6 young ladies with beautiful figures and 6 young men with great muscular bodies (all but one who had long black hair and no muscles).  There were 3 ladies that then took turns choosing one of them for their team.

I watched the president’s 8-minute prime time advertisement (he can read from a teleprompter!) and the following Democratic rebuttal.

It ended up raining all evening.

Joke of the day
An explosion last week killed a wild-living navy boilerman and he found himself in Hell.  Being used to stoking fires and extremely hot temperatures, he found Hell actually quite comfortable.  When Satan went to check on the new arrival, he found him sitting in his room smiling.

“You like this?” Satan asked.

“Yes, sir,” said the sailor, “this feels like a spring day to me.”

Not wanting the new guy to be too comfortable, Satan turned up the heat a bit.  When he went back the next day to see how his new arrival was doing, the sailor was still happy; he hadn’t even broken a sweat.

“I like this kind of weather,” he told Satan.

For the next few days Satan turned up the heat more and more, but each day the Sailor looked as comfortable as ever.  By Sunday, Satan decided to try something different.  Rather than turn up the heat even more, he turned it off and turned on the air conditioning.  Icicles formed in the Sailor’s room!  When he checked on the guy, the room was icy and he was shivering, but he had a grin from ear to ear, bigger than ever.

Satan was exasperated!  “Why are you so happy?” he demanded from the sailor.  “It’s FREEZING in here!”

“Well, I’m from Chicago,” said the sailor, “and obviously the Cubs must have won the World Series!”

2 comments:

  1. BINGO–LOL! That's joke #4 from you that I never had heard before. Congrats!!

    Maybe we're on a roll, now.

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. That joke is more familiar in Chicago. Lol. I like jokes that are longer like stories. Let's see if we can find another for you in the coming week.

    ReplyDelete