Monday, January 14, 2019

Sunday, January 13, 2019


It took a few minutes to fall asleep, I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

After a breakfast of hot oatmeal I left the apt just after 9am on a cool overcast morning (68 degrees).  I walked down to Oviedo in 40 minutes.  I stopped at the new Starbucks, drank a cafĂ© mocha blanco for 9,200 pesos and read my new Nook book for 40 minutes.  On the way back to the apt I overheard 2 bicyclists speaking English.  The two young men were from Philadelphia and are on a 3 month visit.  I was back at the apt by just after 11am and it was still a cool 72 degrees.  I love it!  (But if the weather prediction on my cellphone is correct this will end next Friday with a high of 85 degrees.)

I watched some NFL playoffs.

I forgot to mention that one time when I was walking down Avenida Las Vegas from the mall a small car with a “tower” mounted on top with what looked like a soccer ball on top of it drove by.  I couldn’t see what was written on the side as it had already passed me.  Surprisingly, a few seconds later another passed me and this one was stopped at the red light.  Cutting through the gas station I could see green, yellow, and white stripes on the side of the car.  I just googled Google Maps car and it’s a match.

About 5pm MT came over (walked over by herself) and we walked up to Percimon for yogurt.  While sitting outside eating our yogurt a vendor came by and I bought 2 movie DVDs from him – A Star is Born (8.1) and Delirium (5.7).

Back at the apt we couldn’t get A Star is Born to work in my laptop’s DVD.  It just showed the menu screen but wouldn’t react when we selected an option.

Laura spent some time on my laptop searching for other movies finally settling on A Walk Among the Tombstones (6.5).  It was pretty good but both ladies lost interest long before the ending.

Well, Chuck & Darnelly should be back home in Louisiana by now.

Joke of the day
A man walks into a pharmacy, buys one condom, then walks out of the store laughing hysterically.  The pharmacist thinks this is weird, but, hey, there’s no law from preventing weird people from buying condoms.  Maybe it’s a good thing.
The next day, the man comes back to the store, purchases another condom, and once again he leaves the store laughing wildly.  This piques the interest of the pharmacist.  What’s so funny about buy a rubber, anyway?  So he tells his clerk, “If this guy ever comes back, I want you to follow him to see where he goes.”
Sure enough, the next day the laughing customer is back.  He buys the condom, starts cracking up, then leaves.
The pharmacist tells his clerk to go follow the guy.
About an hour later, the clerk comes back to the store.
“Did you follow him?  Where did he go?” asks the pharmacist.
The clerk replies, “Your house.”

No comments:

Post a Comment