Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Monday, January 28, 2019


Last night it seemed to take awhile to fall asleep.  I got up once at 5:30, fell back asleep and woke up at 6:40and got up at 7:45.

On the other side of the nextdoor Exito is a warehouse and this morning an 18 wheeler struggled for 10 minutes to back into it.

I decided to skip gym today partially because my back is still a little sore.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

Today’s a cool overcast day.  The temp is still 70 degrees at noon with an expected high of 78.  It does look like it could rain at any moment.

And 10 minutes later it started raining but it didn’t last long.

I left the apt at 2pm and walked down to the mall.  I first stopped at Exito’s travel office and inquired about a round trip flight from Rionegro to Monteria for my brother.  I was quoted an approximate price of $190.  For flights from the Medellin airport he said we would have to ask there.  I then went into Exito and found the sheet sets that Teresa asked me to look for.

At Habia Una Vez I had a café con leche while checking news on my cellphone and reading my Nook.  I traded some Facebook posts but I finally had enough of David Simmons and his friends so I blocked them.

Teresa called and asked me to print out an email that Esmeralda sent me.  I went to Auros in Exito where I printed out a medical appointment.

At the guard shack I asked Reynaldo if he liked the cookies I gave him last week and he gave me a thumbs-up and gave me our Direct TV bill.

Back at the apt Teresa asked me what time I would be leaving the apt for the airport on Thursday.  Just off the top of my head I said before 3pm.  She then informed me that I have an appointment at 1:40pm with a doctor about my back pain.  I told her that wouldn’t work as there is too much going on that day.  Besides, I explained, he will be an intern and won’t speak English and other than saying I have lower back pain we won’t be able to communicate.  Teresa called someone and cancelled the appointment.

Esmeralda soon arrived to pick up the things we bought for her at Pricesmart.

I started watching The Walking Dead but soon noticed, not only was this episode a repeat from Friday, but the following episode was out of order as it came before this one.

Esmeralda left about 7:30.

Laura texted me that she got her sim card.  I called her using my magicJack and Teresa and I talked to her for awhile.

To me today was a beautiful day here.  It started in the morning at about 72 degrees, climbed to a high of about 78 and was back to about 72 degrees at bedtime.

Joke of the day
A man in his 40's bought a new BMW and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him.

"There's no way they can catch a BMW," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100.... Then the reality of the situation hit him. "What the hell am I doing?" he thought and pulled over.

The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car.

"It's been a long day, this is the end of my shift and it's Friday the 13th. I don't feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go."

The guy thinks for a second and says, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back."

"Have a nice weekend," said the officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment