Thursday, January 24, 2019

Wednesday, January 23, 2019


Wow.  I slept through the night finally waking/getting up at 6:30.  Maybe because I didn’t look at any blue screens (or at least for short duration) for 2 hours before I went to bed?

But I took a nap from 9 to 10am.

Last night I had asked Laura what time her train leaves tomorrow (now today) and she said 4:06pm.  At 11:30 last night Laura sent me a photo of her and another au pair from Bogota.  She said “I’m so tired.  I sleept 4 hours.” With crying emoji faces.

On my walk to the gym a man stopped me and asked me if there was a BBVA banco on the corner.  I had him repeat it and then I told him there is a BBVA ATM machine in the gas station.  Pretty good, huh?

At the gym I completed all my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.  On a treadmill I saw a young man with a Chicago Bulls Michael Jordan jersey.  I texted Sara and everything is okay for Laura being picked up in Boston today.

Laura texted me a photo of Lay’s Sour Cream & Onion potato chips and told me she loves them.  I told her to be careful if she doesn’t want to get fat.

I took a plate of cookies down to the porteros.  While there a Dunkin Donuts truck went by and some of the school girls were singing their theme song.

Laura texted at 5pm that she’s on the train.  Of course the view is anything but pretty with electric substations, industrial warehouses, and the like.

Finally, after days of waiting, we finally took the boxes that have been piled up by the front door down to our storage room in the garage.

Laura is sad because her new friend from Bogota is going to be an au pair in Ohio, far from Mass.

Teresa talked to Laura, still on the train at 7:45, and after they hung up Teresa tells me that Sara is in New York.  Only after further questioning did I realize that she’s talking about Zara the store.

Laura texted me about 8:45 and reported that she was in Sara’s house and she is ok.

About 9:30 Teresa called and talked to Laura for awhile.  She then handed me the phone.  We compared notes after the call: Sara picked Laura up at the train station, they met Michael afterward, the girls are cute like dolls, she likes her room (it’s bigger than her old room here), but she doesn’t like the cold outside.  I told her that would change in a few months.  Teresa reminded me that Laura will probably want to stay another year to save money for college.

Joke of the day
A man and his wife were playing golf.  The man tees off and ball veers way off to the right, breaking the window of a house.  The wife says you must go and apologize and pay for the window.

Both the man and his wife walk up to the house, ring the door but no one answers.  He opens the door and inside, next to the window he sees a broken vase with his golf ball lying on the floor.

Suddenly a man comes out of a nearby room, the golfer starts to apologize for breaking his window and the vase.

The man inside the house says, “No, don’t apologize, I am a genie and have been stuck in that vase for 10,000 years, you have rescued me and I owe you deeply.  For helping me I will grant three wishes.  I will give you one, your lovely wife one and I would like to keep one for myself.”
He asks the man what he wishes for.  The man thought awhile and says, “I wish for a million dollars.”

The genie waved his hand and said, “A million dollars, it’s yours, it has been deposited into your bank account.”

He asks the wife what is her wish.  She says, “I wish for a condominium in Hawaii.”

The genie waves his hand and says, “A condominium in Hawaii, it’s yours.”  The genie continues, “Now it is my turn.”  He thinks for awhile and says, “You know it’s been 10,000 years since I’ve had a woman, could I make love to your wife?”

The man things for awhile and says, “Honey, he gave us a million dollars and a condominium in Hawaii, the least you could do is make love to him.”
The wife agrees and they both go to the back bedroom.

After making passionate love, the woman says, “I can’t believe that my husband let you do this to me.”

The genie says, “And I can’t believe that your husband still believes in genies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment