Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Tuesday, January 29, 2019


I woke up once at 3:30 but quickly fell back asleep, woke up again at 6am but fell back asleep finally waking & getting up at 7am.

Teresa called me at 7:20 and invited me to join her for breakfast at Aymará.  I told her to give me 30 minutes.  I took my shower, 
dressed and left the apt at 7:40.  I arrived at Aymará at 7:45 and Teresa had already finished her breakfast of scambled eggs.  I basically ordered the same with coffee and bread.  At 8:15 I noticed Nobraskja crossing the street to catch a bus to work.  After I paid 18,800 pesos we were going to walk to Exito but Teresa noticed mass in progress across the street at San Marcos church so we had to go there first.  It soon ended and we both took communion.

We walked down to Exito in the mall.  She spent some time looking around but finally picked out 2 fitted sheet sets for the 2nd & 3rd bedroom.  I picked up a package of 4 AA batteries.  Before we left she stopped at the information booth and inquired about using her Colombia Points from last year.  I understood we had to use them to buy vegetables so we headed to the produce area.

I soon got a call from my brother.  His Thursday afternoon arrival flight has been cancelled due to the extreme cold in Chicago.  Now he’ll be taking the red eye and arriving Thursday morning at 8:40am.  At that early hour I won’t be waiting for him at the airport but we already have a driver – Bryan - set to pick him up.

At the cashier they scanned all our produce and then Teresa told them she wanted to pay with points and she had to go to the information desk again.  She returned 10-15 minutes later and they removed everything from the bags and had to scan everything again.  Yikes!

We walked outside and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I watched 3 more episodes of The Walking Dead.

Laura told me she saw snow falling for the first time and said it is beautiful.

On our evening news they showed video of the snow and cold in Chicago.

Joke of the day
Once, there was a preacher who was an avid golfer. Every chance he could get, he would be on the golf course swinging away. It was an obsession.

One Sunday was a picture-perfect day for golfing. The sun was out, no clouds were in the sky, and the temperature was just right.  The preacher was in a quandary as to what to do, and shortly, the urge to play golf overcame him. He called an assistant to tell him that he was sick and could not do church, packed the car up, and drove three hours to a golf course where no one would recognize him. Happily, he began to play the course.

An angel up above was watching the preacher and was quite perturbed. He went to God and said, "Look at the preacher. He should be punished for what he is doing."

God nodded in agreement.

The preacher teed up on the first hole. He swung at the ball, and it sailed effortlessly through the air and landed right in the cup 250 yards away.  A picture-perfect hole-in-one. He was amazed and excited.

The angel was a little shocked. He turned to God and said, "I beg your pardon, but I thought you were going to punish him."

God smiled. "Think about it - who can he tell?"

No comments:

Post a Comment