Saturday, January 19, 2019

Friday, January 18, 2019


I had a typical night’s sleep.

A bomb exploded yesterday at the police academy in Bogota leaving 21 dead and dozens injured.  It is believed the ELN, Colombia’s last standing guerrilla group, is responsible.

At 9am a woman arrived to give Laura a manicure and pedicure for 25,000 pesos.  I left a few minutes later for the gym.  I completed all but one of my exercises because the 2 machines were occupied. 
I picked up a Gente newspaper outside the guard house.  I was back at the apt by 11am. 

Teresa informed me that a consultation with the medical oncologist is 430,000 pesos.  She thought that was outrageous so I understand she’s going to wait to use nueve eps.

Among new US movie releases I might be interested in seeing Glass (7.4).

Locally, I would like to see Papillon (7.1) playing at 3:30 and 6:50 and maybe Glass playing at 2pm, 3:30 (IMAX), and 5:10pm.
Bohemian Rhapsody has finally left the city.

After I came out of my shower I saw Teresa using a “pen” she found to type a message on Whatsapp.  I said “welcome to the 21st century”!  Lol.

The high in Boston Monday is supposed to be -12 degrees.  Welcome to America, Laura.

I read a review that the movie Glass is awful so maybe I’ll skip it.

I texted Jose asking about when I could pick up my platinum card at Cine Colombia and he said 10 more days.

After lunch Laura and I took a taxi to the mall with Wilson’s bar with her suitcase and carryon.  The suitcase felt pretty heavy so I know it contains more than just clothes.  It weighed in at 22 kilos and the carryon at 6 kilos so both are under the weight limit of 23.

We walked to the mall where she bought a bag of Juan Valdez coffee beans as a gift for the parents and a few chocolates for the girls.  We stopped at the Auros copy center so she could print her flight information but there was a sign that they could only print emails not links.  I reminded her that there is a copy center in the small mall with Wilson’s bar but she said we will do it tomorrow.

We walked back to the mall and took a taxi with the bags back to the apt.

I took a bus downtown Envigado where I looked in Exito and the paper store for a new notebook to replace the one that I’ve filled for the gym.  No luck.  I bought another container of L-Arginine for 24,500 pesos but I think the lady stiffed me 1,000 pesos on my change.  I didn’t say anything.  I looked for a newstand so I could buy a Q’Hubo for chuck but it was closed.  I think it’s more of a morning thing.  I was going to buy a container of liquid hand soap but the lines were too long.  Another day.

I walked back to the apt.

Laura left to meet her girlfriends in Poblado and say goodbye.

Esmeralda came over and picked up Teresa and I and we picked up MT and went to Antica Pizza for pizza and drinks for everyone for 67,500 pesos ($22).

Joke of the day
A mother was working in the kitchen listening to her son playing with his new electric train in the living room.
She heard the train stop, and her son said, “All you sons of bitches who want to get off, get the hell off now cause this is the last stop.  And all you sons of bitches who are returning and want to get on, get your asses on the train now cause we’re going down the tracks.”
The mother went into the living room and told her son, “We don’t use that kind of language in this house.  Now go to your room and stay there for TWO HOURS.  When you come out, you may go back and play with your train, but only if you use nice language.”
Two hours later, the boy came out of the bedroom and resumed playing with his train.  Soon, the train stopped and the mother heard her son say, “All passengers who are disembarking the train please remember to take all of your belongings with you.  We thank you for riding with us today and hope your trip was a pleasant one.  We hope you will ride with us again soon.”
She hears the little boy continue, “For those of you just boarding we ask you to stow all your luggage under your seat.  Remember, there is no smoking on the train.  We hope you will have a pleasant and relaxing journey with us today.”
Then the child added, “And for those of you who are pissed off about the TWO HOUR delay, see the bitch in the kitchen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment