Sunday, January 20, 2019

Saturday, January 19, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11:30, fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 6:30 getting up at 7:30.

We had several discussions about what Laura could have in her carryon to take on the plane.

Teresa had an old plate full of (mostly) American coins so I separated them all for Laura to take with her.  It’s about $5-$6 in change.

Laura left while I was taking a nap.  Teresa told me she’s going to the bank for some reason.  I’m just hanging around the apartment just in case she needs my help with something.

Background: A few days ago when we were taking things out of the storage unit one of the things I found was the old hummingbird feeder from the finca.  Yesterday I mixed a cup of water with some sugar and put it up above the balcony.

I was sitting on the couch watching a movie on Direct TV when I noticed a shadow of a bird on the birdfeeder.  I slowly got up and looked around the corner. Instead of the hummingbird I expected it looked more like a small woodpecker.  It was holding onto the base with its feet like a squirrel and spent about 5 minutes drinking the sugar water.  It was there long enough for me to point it out to Teresa, then either it had its fill or got scared and flew away.

Teresa asked me when I’m going to make cookies again.  I understand she is looking forward to peanut butter cookies but I told her I’m going to make more oatmeal cookies first because I have so many walnuts left.

I found a suitcase lock that I must have bought 5 years ago when I was living in Laureles and it was brand new still in its original package.

Laura finally came back at 7:30 with MT.  At 8pm we walked up to La Buena Mesa to the Chiclayo Peruvian restaurant.  There was a table available inside but it was a long counter with stools so Teresa didn’t want that one.  There was a table close to us outside with dirty dishes so I figured that party would be leaving soon.

We all sat on a metal bench outside and it appeared we would be sat next.  A waitress came out and gave us each a menu.  She returned after a few minutes with a complimentary glass of what seemed like grape juice with apple slices inside – kind of like a sangria although she said there was no alcohol.  A few minutes later she returned and took our orders.

About 10 minutes later we were seated and there was maybe a 20-30 minute wait for our food.  My food, Lomo Saltado, was delicious with beef, onions, tomatoes, and white rice with French fries on the side.  Only a couple pieces of beef were a little on the chewy side.  As we were finishing Wilson finally arrived and ordered some type of seafood.  I was happy I was at the far end of the little table because I couldn’t stand the smell.

I asked if anyone wanted to order dessert and Laura ordered something for us to share.  It turned out to be a slice of dense chocolate cake that I had no interest in but it came with some kind of peppermint ice cream and I had a bite of that.

I picked up the check which I’m sure Wilson appreciated.  Of course MT doesn’t eat much so there were really only 4 entrees and the total came to 163,680 ($55) including a tip of 14,880.

Wilson took a taxi with MT and we were back at the apt by 10:30.
I took my usual pills, read some from my Nook book and went to bed at 11:30.

Joke of the day
Three men had a very late night out drinking scotch whiskey.
They left in the early morning hours and went home separately.
They met for lunch next day, and compared notes about who was drunker the night before.
The first guy claimed that he was the drunkest, saying, “I drove straight home, walked into the house, and as soon as I got through the door I blew chunks.”
To which the second guy replied, “You think that was drunk?  I got in my car, drove out of the parking lot, and wrapped my car around the first tree I saw.  I don’t even have insurance.”
And the third proclaimed, “I was by far the most drunk.  I got home, got in a big fight with my wife, knocked a candle over and burned the whole house down!” 
They all looked at each other for a moment.
Then the first guy said, “Guys, I don’t think you understand.  Chunks is my dog.”

No comments:

Post a Comment