Friday, January 18, 2019

Thursday, January 17, 2019


I woke/got up at 6am and took my shower.  While I was having a bowl of cereal Teresa informed me that because of all the 7am traffic she doesn’t want to leave until 9am.

At 7:30 I made a quick trip to Exito for milk, plastic plates (for future cookie gifting), and a package of napkins.

We left the apt at 7:45, took a taxi to approximately Calle 71 Carrera 71 where Teresa picked up 30 tablets (chemo?) for about 140,000 pesos.  We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt arriving just before 9am.  We got a little rain on the way back.

I watched the Today show and learned that the Boston area is expecting 12-18” of snow next Sunday.  Yikes!  Laura flies to Boston the next day.  She is going to get a real introduction to winter in the US.

She’s taking my largest (black) suitcase and a carryon.  I gave her a piece of red felt and told her to put it on the suitcase so she can identify it from all the others she will see at baggage claim.  Today we’re going to the mall to buy luggage tags.

On Today’s weather update Boston on Monday is expecting a high of -7 celsius feeling like -20 celsius.  Welcome to winter in the US.
Someone came to the apartment and we made the final 620,000 payment on the blinds.

Laura is busy packing her suitcase.  She’s a little worried she will be over the weight limit.  I told her not to worry as most everything she has is clothes.

It’s noon and it’s still only 70 degrees here.

I warned Laura not to bring any liquids (eg, shampoo) in her carryon as TSA will throw them away.

Laura went to get her hair done and I went to the mall to wait for her.  Afterwards we had some errands to run.

I stopped in Exito looking for a booklet to replace the one I use for the gym which is now full.  It’s the beginning of the new school year so they had lots of choices but all too large for what I want.  I stopped upstairs at the health food store and they didn’t have the Pycnogenol I’ve been looking for but neithe did they have L-arginine that I know I can get downtown Envigado.

I arrived at Habia Una Vez about 3pm.  I had a café con leche and read my Nook book.  Laura would occasionally text me and Teresa occasionally called me to see where I was.  About 6:30 I went over to Percimon and sat on one of the benches outside.  I got a text from Laura that she was going to be late.  I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a slice of carrot cake and café con leche.  

Laura finally arrived at 8:15!  She had a sandwich and mango juice and I ordered a slice of carrot cake to go for Teresa.  It was 8:45 but I led her downstairs where we bought 2 luggage tags for about 28mil.

I suggested I talk to Sara one last time before Laura leaves and she suggested Sunday morning.  Talk about the last minute!

We were back at the apt by 9:15.

Teresa mentioned that she’s going to see if she can get a group of ladies together here in the complex and ask Jose to come and lead exercises.  I asked her to wait until my brother leaves so he doesn’t have any competition for the machines.

Joke of the day
A new intern is getting a tour of the hospital he will be working in.  The intern walks past a room where a man is vigorously masturbating nonstop.  The intern asks the doctor giving the tour why that man was doing such a thing out in the open.
The doctor says, “Oh, he has a medical condition where sperm builds up so quickly in his body, he has to masturbate constantly or he will explode.”
“Oh, I see”, says the intern, wincing.
They walk past another room where the intern sees a man lying on a stretcher getting a blow job from a nurse.
Again, he asks the doctor, “What’s up with that?”
The doctor says: “Same condition, better medical plan.”

1 comment:

  1. No doubt you have found your gym log book by now, but in future, you can find a nice selection at Seroja Papeleria Calle 35 sur #43-20
    More later, but wanted to pass this on for now.
    Namaste, NjW

    ReplyDelete