Saturday, January 5, 2019

Friday, January 4, 2019


I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

I turned on the computer but I couldn’t get the mouse to work even after changing the battery.

I found a text message from Laura suggesting that we take the money for the peso to dollar exchange from the finca rental.  Good idea!

After breakfast Teresa got Laura up and she simply turned my mouse back on.  I thought it was a button when I pressed it but it’s a switch and it slides.  Sigh!

I left the apt at 9:30 and in the gym completed all my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.  I had absolutely no strange feeling in my hamstrings today.  Great!

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Escape Room (6.2).  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

I took a nap from 3 to 4pm.

I watched some TV and in the evening I watched Band of Brothers: Crossroads and Bastogne.

Teresa went out with Esmeralda for a few hours and when she returned she brought me some chicken from Sabaneta.

I think we had a high of about 90 degrees today.  Sunday is supposed to be a little cooler.

Laura believes the $680 au pair payment needs to be made with a credit card.  I told her that a debit card usually works also.  I understand her backup plan would be to have Esmeralda put it on her credit card and we would give her cash (in pesos).

Laura leaves tomorrow for a trip to visit a friend in Jardin.  She’s going there with them by car and returning by bus on Monday.

Joke of the day
Bill worked in a pickle factory.  He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a terrible compulsion.  He had this urge to stick his penis into the pickle slicer.  His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about it, but Bill indicated that he’d be too embarrassed.  He vowed to overcome the compulsion on his own.
One day, a few weeks later, Bill came home absolutely ashen.  His wife could see at once that something was seriously wrong.
“What’s wrong, Bill?”, she asked.
“Do you remember that I told you how I had this tremendous urge to put my penis into the pickle slicer?”
“Oh, Bill, you didn’t.”
“Yes, I did.”
“My God, Bill, what happened?”
“I got fired.”
“No, Bill, I mean what happened to the pickle slicer?”
“Oh…she got fired too.”

2 comments:

  1. BINGO! Joke number 4 that I hadn't ever heard before.

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Now we'll see how long it takes for #5. I got a lot more coming...

    ReplyDelete