Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Tuesday, January 1, 2019


Happy New Year!

Last night I fell asleep quickly but was awakened about 5am by fireworks.  It seemed to continue every hour until I got up at 7:45.

I see the Northwestern Wildcats beat the Utah Utes 31-20 in the Holiday Bowl.

I watched the Director’s cut of Groundhog Day that Michael had given me years ago.

I heard Laura playing a Queen song on her cellphone so I went to iTunes and started playing one of their songs.  She said “wait” and went to Youtube where she played on of their songs so we had audio and video.  Teresa enjoyed hearing them also.

After we went through all their songs I played a little ABBA & Simon & Garfunkle that she recognized.

Laura told me she was bored so we walked up to Percimon where she had a regular yogurt with lots of fruit and I had a small with blueberries and peanuts.

We decided to check out the mall to see if it was open.  It was but all the regular stores were closed; only the cafes and restaurants were open.

We stopped at Habia Una Vez where I had a cold frappe.

On our way back to the apt Teresa called Laura and asked her to bring over MT so they could go to mass.  I asked Teresa to leave out the ingredients I need to make the cookies and told me not to make them without her.  She said she would help me after she comes back from mass.  I continued on to Exito where I bought a roll of paper towels and a package of microwave popcorn for my next Bears game.

I watched episode one (Currahee) of Band of Brothers (not for the first time).

We all watched Revenge (6.3) on Netflix and enjoyed it quite a bit.
The movie ended at 10:15, I read a little, took my sleeping pill and went to bed about 11pm.

Joke of the day
A teacher was helping her third-grade students with a math problem.  After choosing a student in particular, she recited the following story:

“Johnny, there are three birds sitting on a telephone wire.  A man with a gun shoots one of the birds.  How many birds are left on the wire?”

The boy pauses. “None” he replied thoughtfully.

“No, no, no.  Let’s try again, maybe you didn’t hear me correctly,” the teacher says patiently.  She holds up three fingers.  “There are three birds sitting on a wire.  A man with a gun shoots one,”  She puts down one finger,  “How many birds are left on the wire?”

“None,” the boy says with authority.

The teacher sighs.  “Tell me how you came up with that.”

“It’s simple,” says the boy, “after the shot one bird, the noise from the gun scared the other two away.”

“Well,” she says, “that’s not technically correct, but I like the way you think.”

“Thanks,” chimes the boy, “now let me ask you a question.”

“Okay,” she said guardedly.

“There are three women sitting on a bench eating popsicles.  One woman is licking the popsicle, one woman is biting the popsicle, and one is sucking the popsicle.  Which one is married?” he asked innocently.

The teacher looked at the boy’s angelic face and writhed in agony, turning three shades of red.

“C’mon,” the boy said impatiently, “which one is it, the one licking the popsicle, the one biting it, or the one sucking it?  Which one is married?

“Well, uh,” she gulped and in a barely audible whisper replied, “the one who’s sucking?”

“Naw,” he says with surprise, “the one with the wedding ring.  But I like the way you think.”

No comments:

Post a Comment